Favorite free dining room on Breakaway??

Topat

Looking for input from you foodies as to which of the free main dining rooms serves the nicest food. I know they look different, but would appreciate some input and opinions as to what others would recommend. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Our experiences in the Manhattan Room for dinner were inconsistent. Some nights very good--some not (long waits in between courses). We actually had the best dining experience in Savor one evening with very good Prime Rib. Liked the smaller venue with a less crowded feel.

The breakfasts in the Manhattan Room were also a mixed bag--one morning we had a very negative experience with a waitress who just seemed to forget about us and it wasn't even that busy when we were there.

The food and service was similar to me - had lousy waiters in Manhattan & Taste for 2 nights (1 night each), winded up getting free wine because of the long wait time between courses, otherwise the service was prompt in the MDR the other days plus the food was good. The Manhattan room had Burn the Floor on Thursday night (I think) and a very bright ambiance while Taste and Savor was more intimate and subdue.

Looking for input from you foodies as to which of the free main dining rooms serves the nicest food. I know they look different, but would appreciate some input and opinions as to what others would recommend. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Manhattan room also has live band/entertainment (dancing).

Don't know if is everynight, does anyone know?

Manhattan room also has live band/entertainment (dancing).

Don't know if is everynight, does anyone know?

From what I have seen on the dallies posted here. It is maybe 2x a week. It will be listed in the dallie.

We preferred Manhattan to the others but no foodie would be happy there.

Is the Manhattan room a specialty restaurant? We have the all included speciality dining package and want to dine in the speciality restaurants for dinner only. Which are the best?

Thanks

Is the Manhattan room a specialty restaurant? We have the all included speciality dining package and want to dine in the speciality restaurants for dinner only. Which are the best?

Thanks

No, its a MDR along with Taste and Savior. From people's reviews - Cagney, Teppannaki, Moderno and Le Bistro are consider the best.There's also La Cucina, which might interest you as well.

No, its a MDR along with Taste and Savior. From people's reviews - Cagney, Teppannaki, Moderno and Le Bistro are consider the best.There's also La Cucina, which might interest you as well.

Thank you for the prompt response. We made reservations at all but didn't think La Cucina was for us. I like the idea of dancing in the dining room. Another question, since we are used to Celebrity and RC, we do dress up for formal nights and enjoy it. I believe this isn't the case with NCL. If we desire to dress up in semi formal attire would that be very unusual? I like a cocktail dress and my DH a sports jacket one or two nights during the cruise-makes for nice pictures. Which of the speciality restaurants is the most appropriate to "dress up" should we do so?

Edited by Cruise a holic

Thank you for the prompt response. We made reservations at all but didn't think La Cucina was for us. I like the idea of dancing in the dining room. Another question, since we are used to Celebrity and RC, we do dress up for formal nights and enjoy it. I believe this isn't the case with NCL. If we desire to dress up in semi formal attire would that be very unusual? I like a cocktail dress and my DH a sports jacket one or two nights during the cruise-makes for nice pictures. Which of the speciality restaurants is the most appropriate to "dress up" should we do so?

On the Bahamas route the night of the first full day at sea was "Norwegian Night out" (or something similar) and that was when they had photographers everywhere and most people got dressed up.

Other than that it was a mixed bag, each night some people got dressed up, some wore shorts and tee-shirts and most fell somewhere in the middle.

I didn't eat in the specialties, so I can't comment on that.

On the Bahamas route the night of the first full day at sea was "Norwegian Night out" (or something similar) and that was when they had photographers everywhere and most people got dressed up.

Other than that it was a mixed bag, each night some people got dressed up, some wore shorts and tee-shirts and most fell somewhere in the middle.

I didn't eat in the specialties, so I can't comment on that.

Thanks again Rogue 35 We are sailing too Bermuda on the Breakaway. As you can tell we are newbees to ncl. I also heard they have a whitenight party. what is that about? Does the breakaway have any dance clubs? not just disco type?

Thanks again Rogue 35 We are sailing too Bermuda on the Breakaway. As you can tell we are newbees to ncl. I also heard they have a whitenight party. what is that about? Does the breakaway have any dance clubs? not just disco type?

Whitenight party? No, but they have after fireworks party at Spice H2O( forgot the proper name for it). There's also Bliss Lounge for dancing (never went in there, not dancer - but gotta love the Breakaway, plenty of other things to do for those that aren't. :))

Manhattan Room was our favorite... Same food as Taste and Savor but the live band and dancing was nice, and service was better we thought... The lamp chops on night 4 or 5 were amazing...

Taste and Savor are nice but just restaurants...

O'sheehans was good for a quick bite, small menu but decent...

La Cucina italian was the only meal we paid for and it was our worst meal of the trip...

Uptown Grill is by far the best place for a burger and salad... Really good!

Shanghai noodles was very good for 1 meal, order multiple things though as they are small...

Garden Cafe (the buffet) was what it is... We ate there a bunch of times for mid-meal snacks, easy and not great but filling...