Promo ending tomorrow

KanataKruiser

I was on with NCL earlier this evening to inquire about changing my choice of promos. He told me I'd have to make up my mind either tonight or tomorrow given that that was the last day of the promo. I did not ask what the new promo will be. I should have. It seems that this promo has gone on forever. Guess I will find out how sincere my PCC is. If you're just going to flame me telling me it will be the same promo 2 days from now, please don't bother. The purpose of this post is simply to let people know what I was told.... and "no" I don't work for NCL.

I doubt anyone will flame you. The May promo was made public several days ago. And, in credit to your PCC, the May deal isn't quite as good as this current one. It's a choice of a $75 dining credit, $50 per port excursion credit (that one is per statement, not person), internet package or on-board credit (amt dependent on cabin category). So, as you can see, none of the choices for May are near as good a deal as current promo.

Edited by tarps14

Correct. It does end tomorrow. It even says so on the NCL home page. It's a great promo to take advantage of.

I know many dont think so but we booked our Breakaway Haven H4 cabins when bookings opened for August 2016. We are 11 people, four under 18. We all received the UDP and guests 1-2 UBP. When the promotion started for gratuities and excursion, I called but the prices had gone up significantly. Have OBC and I dont think Ill be able to find a better promo with the deal I got.

I was on with NCL earlier this evening to inquire about changing my choice of promos. He told me I'd have to make up my mind either tonight or tomorrow given that that was the last day of the promo. I did not ask what the new promo will be. I should have. It seems that this promo has gone on forever. Guess I will find out how sincere my PCC is. If you're just going to flame me telling me it will be the same promo 2 days from now, please don't bother. The purpose of this post is simply to let people know what I was told.... and "no" I don't work for NCL.

I believe that info is incorrect. If you are booked you have the promo and can change it up to final payment. That is what I was told so I could let my clients know that.

The opportunity to change may exist up until final payment, however, I believe if the promo changes, then the choices also change. My understanding is you would have any choice in the current promotion. For April it would be the UBP, UDP, gratuities or the $75 shore excursion credit per port. If you wait until May 1st to change, your choices would then be the internet package, $50 shore excursion credit per port, the $75 dining credit or onboard credit.

I don't ever remember having the initial choices that were available when originally booked up until final payment unless that specific promo was still running at final payment. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct this if I'm mistaken.

The opportunity to change may exist up until final payment, however, I believe if the promo changes, then the choices also change. My understanding is you would have any choice in the current promotion. For April it would be the UBP, UDP, gratuities or the $75 shore excursion credit per port. If you wait until May 1st to change, your choices would then be the internet package, $50 shore excursion credit per port, the $75 dining credit or onboard credit.

I don't ever remember having the initial choices that were available when originally booked up until final payment unless that specific promo was still running at final payment. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct this if I'm mistaken.

I don't understand how this makes sense. If you book under the current promotion, you should be entitled to those options until your final payment, not the new promotion. If that is the case, why would you book now.

I wouldn't anticipate changing my promo choice once its made, however if you book through many TA's websites, it automatically defaults to on board credit because their systems aren't as intelligent as NCLs. Then, you have to call and get it switched, which sometimes takes a day or two. And with it being the end of the month, those who booked today may not get in the call until tomorrow or next week.

I don't understand how this makes sense. If you book under the current promotion, you should be entitled to those options until your final payment, not the new promotion. If that is the case, why would you book now.

I wouldn't anticipate changing my promo choice once its made, however if you book through many TA's websites, it automatically defaults to on board credit because their systems aren't as intelligent as NCLs. Then, you have to call and get it switched, which sometimes takes a day or two. And with it being the end of the month, those who booked today may not get in the call until tomorrow or next week.

Simple solution for that is to book directly with NCL then transfer the booking to a TA within 60 days.

Simple solution for that is to book directly with NCL then transfer the booking to a TA within 60 days.

Not always possible with the price difference. I guess there's just a little work you have to do either way. Not a big deal.

I don't believe any of the promos are that great. Generally when it seems as a great promo they jack up the cruise price to pay for them, so indeed you are know better off at all at the end of the day. My thoughts only.

Cheers Bob.

I do believe tarps14 is correct. This was the situation in the past when I decided to "change" a reservation to take advantage of a new better promotion.

Yes if you change your reservation to take advantage of another promotion you WILL lose your original choices.

I think the initial question here is if you change your mind .... not your reservation .... and decide you don't want the UDP anymore and instead want the UBP you CAN make that change prior to final payment.

Not always possible with the price difference. I guess there's just a little work you have to do either way. Not a big deal.

What price difference? When you transfer an existing booking to a TA you keep all original prices and promotions. Whatever incentives you get from your TA is between you and them.

What price difference? When you transfer an existing booking to a TA you keep all original prices and promotions. Whatever incentives you get from your TA is between you and them.

The price difference between the lower price the TA is offering and NCL. Why would I book through NCL when the price is higher?

The price difference between the lower price the TA is offering and NCL. Why would I book through NCL when the price is higher?

This was in response to the post about the promo's ending tomorrow and not being able to get it through to/with your TA and NCl. You can book today and transfer booking to your TA tomorrow without any loss of incentives. Whatever price your TA offers you is between you and the TA. It is my understanding that any TA cannot undercut NCL prices outright. The lower price you get from them comes out of their commissions,they still have to pay NCL the posted price advertized at the time of booking. It's a win-win for you!

Actually the lower rate from TA's come from discounts for group bookings. Large national agencys reserve blocks of rooms as group bookings (which the cruiselines discount for them) and then sell them individually. Also, as referenced in a recent article on Cruise Critic, the volume agencies (i.e. those that sell the most for a cruiseline) are able to get special pricing directly from NCL to offer as so called "secret" sales. These, though, tend to be last minute deals.

Actually the lower rate from TA's come from discounts for group bookings. Large national agencys reserve blocks of rooms as group bookings (which the cruiselines discount for them) and then sell them individually. Also, as referenced in a recent article on Cruise Critic, the volume agencies (i.e. those that sell the most for a cruiseline) are able to get special pricing directly from NCL to offer as so called "secret" sales. These, though, tend to be last minute deals.

Agree however these cabins are not typically the most desired cabins on a ship. Examples being BB or BC cabins or lower. If you want to book a specific class or cabin you must book yourself. If you want to take advantage of the current promo's book today directly with NCL and transfer within 60 days.

I doubt anyone will flame you. The May promo was made public several days ago. And, in credit to your PCC, the May deal isn't quite as good as this current one. It's a choice of a $75 dining credit, $50 per port excursion credit (that one is per statement, not person), internet package or on-board credit (amt dependent on cabin category). So, as you can see, none of the choices for May are near as good a deal as current promo.

Are they still going to have the friends and family sale free?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarps14

Actually the lower rate from TA's come from discounts for group bookings. Large national agencys reserve blocks of rooms as group bookings (which the cruiselines discount for them) and then sell them individually.

Agree however these cabins are not typically the most desired cabins on a ship. Examples being BB or BC cabins or lower. If you want to book a specific class or cabin you must book yourself. If you want to take advantage of the current promo's book today directly with NCL and transfer within 60 days.

I also agree with tarps14, the lower rates from the TA's do come from "group bookings".

However Candygirl -- and I can only comment on the TA I have used for all of my NCL cruises -- there have never been limitations on which cabin I can choose; their website shows the exact same cabin availability as NCL's, and the TA can book whatever cabin I want. So I'm assuming the "group discount" comes from the amount of cabins they are able to sell for NCL, not specific cabins they've prepurchased to resell.

I just booked my Escape cruise last night at 11pm. :rolleyes: As always, the per person cost was less than booking directly through NCL. In fact for my sail date, he also told me applying the AARP discount would make it even less. He quoted NCL's AARP rate (while on the phone, I was doing a mock booking on NCL's website to verify that rate), and again, the TA's rate was lower. I chose which NCL promo I wanted (my TA called NCL to do that, but AFTER we hung up so I didn't have to be on hold for 30 min). And as usual, I also received the additional OBC incentive my TA was offering for this cruise. I have already received my verification email from the TA, and can look up my booking on NCL's website, same as everyone else.

The only drawback, for me, in using a TA is that any changes to the reservation itself have to go through them, as opposed to me having control and speaking directly to NCL. However, they have never let me down -- in the past they have easily changed cabins for me, gotten me upgrades if prices went down, etc. So I can't complain that the only real difference is I pay less and get extra incentives!