Easter Cruise 2016

Karaoke_Nadine

I'm ready to book again for next years Easter cruise. However, the prices are waaaaay more expensive next Easter, than we paid this Easter. The current prices include some on board credit, and a 12 voucher drink package.

I also purchased a $10 voucher while on board, which I think is worthless to use if MSC is having a sale. When do they NOT have a sale?

Anyhoo, I think I'm bummed because I'm ready to book, and it doesn't seem like a good deal. :(

I'm ready to book again for next years Easter cruise. However, the prices are waaaaay more expensive next Easter, than we paid this Easter. The current prices include some on board credit, and a 12 voucher drink package.

I also purchased a $10 voucher while on board, which I think is worthless to use if MSC is having a sale. When do they NOT have a sale?

Anyhoo, I think I'm bummed because I'm ready to book, and it doesn't seem like a good deal. :(

Nadine,,,the $10.00 future cruise credit gives you onboard credit depending on the stateroom type you book,,,up to $400.00,,,and can be used anytime. Do you have a travel agent who is an MSC partner??

I just used my on board voucher for a thanksgiving cruise in the YC on Davina, plus I got an additional 5% off thru MSC club. I think it was worth it. It's actually a better deal then the sale going on. I'm getting another one when I sail again, I want to use it on the new ship when it comes out.

Why do you say the $10 voucher is worthless?

They said we couldn't use the voucher on a sale? It has to be a regular priced deal. Not during a sale or promotion. I purchased the $10 voucher, and joined the msc club. I do have a TA that is working on it.

Nadine,,,the $10.00 future cruise credit gives you onboard credit depending on the stateroom type you book,,,up to $400.00,,,and can be used anytime. Do you have a travel agent who is an MSC partner??

Mike, I am booking a balcony "Fantastica" cabin. They said we are already getting $50 OBC from the current promotion, "The Greatest Cruise Sale Ever" and the voucher cannot be combined. We are currently on hold with our bookings and waiting to see if we get MSC Club discount. I did enroll in that.

I am working with a TA but he is not a MSC partner.

The sail date is March 19th 2016 on Divina. I do have a voucher, and I want a balcony Fantastica cabin. We paid $699 pp and $299 for the 3rd person for Easter 2015. We also received Fantastica balcony and $75 pp OBC...(not including the 3rd person). It was our first time sailing.

I purchased a $10 voucher while on board, to sail again Easter 2016. The rates are now $1024. pp and $549 for 3rd person. It includes $50 OBC and 12 drink voucher package.

I am now rethinking this but I really want to sail with MSC again. We loved Divina.

Mike, I am booking a balcony "Fantastica" cabin. They said we are already getting $50 OBC from the current promotion, "The Greatest Cruise Sale Ever" and the voucher cannot be combined. We are currently on hold with our bookings and waiting to see if we get MSC Club discount. I did enroll in that.

I am working with a TA but he is not a MSC partner.

Nadine,,,we had to forgo the $50.00 OBC in order for us to use our voucher. We did receive our 5% discount however which took a little of the sting away but our 11 night Fantastica aft balcony in January is costing us $1300.00 pp. Like Christmas,,New Years,,etc. Easter falls into one of those high demand weeks so the price will tend to be a little higher. Have you tried comparing a different week to see how much of a price difference there might be if you sail on an off-peak week??

Nadine,,,we had to forgo the $50.00 OBC in order for us to use our voucher. We did receive our 5% discount however which took a little of the sting away but our 11 night Fantastica aft balcony in January is costing us $1300.00 pp. Like Christmas,,New Years,,etc. Easter falls into one of those high demand weeks so the price will tend to be a little higher. Have you tried comparing a different week to see how much of a price difference there might be if you sail on an off-peak week??

Well, we went ahead and booked. I may call back and check if we forgo the OBC, and see if we will be able to use the voucher. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm not flexible with my dates, except for the week after Easter. However booking on March 26th Divina, will be exactly the same ports as the one we just got off of. The March 19th cruise is Jamaica.

I have a question for ya Mike, we only put $100 deposits per person. Are deposits transferable or refundable if we choose a different date?

Hey Nadine - we just booked B2B with the 1st leg during Thanksgiving week. Just got the totals and the Thanksgiving week cruise ends up to be $200 total more. Since we are using the voucher on that cruise it's actually a better deal because we will have a $400 once and it is Thanksgiving week. The second leg we get the ship deal paying less up front(not much $100pp) but we get a much smaller obc.

From my understanding you can move those deposits before a certain date. Check your final cancellation without penalty dares and final pay dates. We have until September with cruise in November to cancel without the penalty.

Well, we went ahead and booked. I may call back and check if we forgo the OBC, and see if we will be able to use the voucher. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm not flexible with my dates, except for the week after Easter. However booking on March 26th Divina, will be exactly the same ports as the one we just got off of. The March 19th cruise is Jamaica.

I have a question for ya Mike, we only put $100 deposits per person. Are deposits transferable or refundable if we choose a different date?

Yes they are Nadine so long as you cancel before the 75 day deadline. MSC just released new itineraries and pricing for sailings after May 2016,,,very good pricing!!!!!! Looks like my credit card is going to get a work out today!!!

OK....we are locked in. We have 5 cabins booked for the March 19th sailing. Still waiting on approval for my voucher. I have an email that I need to send to. I will work on a roll call for the March 19th sail date.

One more question if anyone can answer, I am sharing a cabin with my sister. I purchased the voucher. Will the $200 OBC from the voucher I purchased, be split for the both of us, or can I have all the OBC on my sail card??? I think it should all come to me since I bought it. Right?

OK....we are locked in. We have 5 cabins booked for the March 19th sailing. Still waiting on approval for my voucher. I have an email that I need to send to. I will work on a roll call for the March 19th sail date.

One more question if anyone can answer, I am sharing a cabin with my sister. I purchased the voucher. Will the $200 OBC from the voucher I purchased, be split for the both of us, or can I have all the OBC on my sail card??? I think it should all come to me since I bought it. Right?

Nadine,,,I believe the OBC will be applied to the stateroom and not an individual.

Edited by Mikesa1721

Nadine,,,I believe the OBC will be applied to the stateroom and not an individual.

On the Bermuda cruise the OBC went under me (not sure why) but $25pp credit they gave for the itinerary change went separately. I asked the concierge if they could split the $100 obc and was told no. We worked it out ourselves. I would think if you bought the credit it would go under you but with MSC you never know! LOL! Please let me know how that works out.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm really sorry to hijack this thread but I noticed in your previous posts that you had stayed in H cabin 9211. I am on the Preziosa next month and am really concerned about the balcony in 9211. Is it very dark, small and steel?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Mairead