Youngsters

elsbarre

I have never sailed NCL before but we have a cruise planned for next year on the escape. However I know when we booked this was the only ship that did have care for under 3 year olds. My son will be 2 at sailing and we want to be able to drop him to play.

NCL changed their kids program 3 years ago and the drop off program minimum age is now 3. They do not need to be fully potty trained though - they will page if your child needs a diaper/pull up change. They have more parent-baby programs for the under 3 set, but no drop off options.

NCL changed their kids program 3 years ago and the drop off program minimum age is now 3. They do not need to be fully potty trained though - they will page if your child needs a diaper/pull up change. They have more parent-baby programs for the under 3 set, but no drop off options.

The Escape will be the only ship with an under 3 program. Whether or not there will be a charge for it remains to be seen.

The Escape will be the only ship with an under 3 program. Whether or not there will be a charge for it remains to be seen.

They will be dropping the little ones back off to their parents at a conveinient time, as collection (take out) will not be permitted.

Of course there will be a charge of $7.95 for this conveinience.

Fortunately those with triplets need not worry, as it is per drop off, not per child.

They will be dropping the little ones back off to their parents at a conveinient time, as collection (take out) will not be permitted.

Of course there will be a charge of $7.95 for this conveinience.

Fortunately those with triplets need not worry, as it is per drop off, not per child.

Gotcha!;)

OMG can we lease have ONE thread where someone is NOT posting about convenience charges!! SO NOT FUNNY ANYMORE....

This is apparently an NCL thing? Lol ... Is there really a charge? We were told there wasn't...

The charge comments are a joke in reference to the new room service fee.

As things stand now, the Escape is the only ship where children under 3 can be dropped off. At the moment, there is no fee. But because there have been so many new charges implemented in the last two months, people will not be surprised if they also end up adding a fee for this.

Edited by cadien

Just something to keep in mind, he may not want to go. We did Carnival when my son was just about 2, they take 2 year olds. Even though my 4 year old went and would have been with him he screamed and screamed, and if they don't want to stay they won't take them.

Just something to keep in mind, he may not want to go. We did Carnival when my son was just about 2, they take 2 year olds. Even though my 4 year old went and would have been with him he screamed and screamed, and if they don't want to stay they won't take them.

Thanks Megann I understand what you're saying. Fortunately for me this is not something my son struggles with lol.