Can't Find my Dining Table Chart........

sail7seas

I've misplaced by chart of dining room layout for Volendam. I seem to remember someone once posted the chart was on HAL's website but when I went there, I could not find it.

Is it posted at the site and if so, where? What steps do I need to follow to get to it?

Thanks if you can help.

I've misplaced by chart of dining room layout for Volendam. I seem to remember someone once posted the chart was on HAL's website but when I went there, I could not find it.

Is it posted at the site and if so, where? What steps do I need to follow to get to it?

Thanks if you can help.

I found the charts on webshots. Here is the address: http://www.webshots.com/search?query=volendam&start=200

I found the charts on webshots. Here is the address: http://www.webshots.com/search?query=volendam&start=200

Bruce, thanks for finding this. I do have a question.The Volendam is a R Class ship right?? Is the dining room lay out the same on the R Class Ships as the S Class ships? I remember someone saying the the DIning Room layout for all the S Class Ships were the same as well as all the Vista Class ships are the same. We will be going on the Veendam and the Zaandam the end of next year and have not requested a specific table number just area. We did request a specific table for the Ryndam since we have been on her before.

THANK YOU, Bruce, for posting the link. The table numbers are just too tiny for me to read even with my magnifying glass. :( I very much appreciate your help.

s7s, after trying for awhile and the board being down again, I emailed you this info, but I'll put it here anyway...

I know someone else is emailing you the Volendam's dining chart, but for future reference, you could go to the link provided, right click on each of the charts (upper and lower) and choose "save image as...". Then open it with whatever picture viewer you use and you could enlarge it enough to read the numbers - to make them HUGE even.

THANK YOU, Bruce, for posting the link. The table numbers are just too tiny for me to read even with my magnifying glass. :( I very much appreciate your help.

sail, when you click on the picture in webshots to the right is a box that says Automatic resize cleck that to take away the check mark. It will then go large and you can then read the table numbers with no problem:)

Sail...I was able to enlarge the chart & read the numbers by single clicking on the picture twice..

Good luck & Happy cruising everyone..:)

You are all wonderful.

Thank you so much for your help.

I'm going there now to try and read the table number.

Lisa......

There are a few changes from Veendam's layout and Zaandam's. I'm not sure about VODM being the same as Zaandam. That is why I wanted to check the chart. I know for a fact a particular table on Veendam is NOT the same as that same number is on ZADM.

Same for Rotterdam and Amsterdam. MOST of the tables are the same but there are some exceptions. Odd seeing as they are sisters.

Thanks again, everyone.

Sail7Seas,

By now you probably have more Volendam DR info than you will ever need. However, I sent you mine also. I had saved Laura's e-mail as word documents so that they would be easier for me to read. I sent you both documents, upper DR and lower DR, but then I also forwarded Laura's original post in case mu documents did not come through.

Only 45 days to go!

Bruce, Thanks so much for posting the link, as we'll be doing a Christmas/New Year's b2b on the Volendam and would like to try an aft window table this time around.

I notice that some of these tables have an "X" and am wondering what that is an indication of. Can anyone help me with an answer? :confused:

Bruce, Thanks so much for posting the link, as we'll be doing a Christmas/New Year's b2b on the Volendam and would like to try an aft window table this time around.

I notice that some of these tables have an "X" and am wondering what that is an indication of. Can anyone help me with an answer? :confused:

The X if you notice is in the middle of the table for 6. Where you see the X there are actually 2 table numbers indicating 2 tables for 2 instead of a table for 6. I believe that if they have to they can make a table for 6 at that point, but I dont know which table number they would use to indicate the tablle for 6. I hope this makes sense!

The X if you notice is in the middle of the table for 6. Where you see the X there are actually 2 table numbers indicating 2 tables for 2 instead of a table for 6. I believe that if they have to they can make a table for 6 at that point, but I dont know which table number they would use to indicate the tablle for 6. I hope this makes sense!

know thanks to u for the info. Wld u also happen to know where they wld seat 2 people on the main level of the Oosterdam she says hopefully.... or even better do u happen to have a seating chart for 'her'?

Thanks again & happy cruisin'!

know thanks to u for the info. Wld u also happen to know where they wld seat 2 people on the main level of the Oosterdam she says hopefully.... or even better do u happen to have a seating chart for 'her'?

Thanks again & happy cruisin'!

Sorry I dont have an Oosterdam seating chart. :( It has been almost 2 years since I was on the Oosterdam, and I have been on several ships since then so my memory is fuzzy about the seating in the dinning room. Consequently I could not begin to answer where tables for 2 are located.

I just contacted them over the phone (1-800-541-1576) and asked if it was possible to request the same table we had last year. She said I could certainly request it and to fax the request to 1-800-207-3547, which I did.

Hope I get the same table. Time will tell.

I think the dining charts referenced on the webshots link are mine - I know I scanned them and posted them on webshots and they certainly look to be the same, oops there is my name - ekerr19 - I'm glad they've been of use to people!!!!

I can also email them to anyone else who'd like them - it looks like 2ofus kept them as well.

Wow, this is pretty amazing. :)

This is nice information but aren't dining table assignments made after you board ship????
No, dining table assignments are done prior to your boarding. The maitrd works this out sometime during the previous couple of days prior to your boarding. When you board and get to your room there is a card in your room showing your table assignment. At that time if you are unhappy about your assignment you can go see the maitrd who will be setup in a place like the card room and asked for changes which he may or may not be able to honor. You can make table assignment requests ahead of time which probably makes his job easier. For instance when on the Prinsendam in Dec/04 I asked the maitrd if he could help me with the table assignment for my upcoming Amsterdam cruise. He did by sending an email to the maitrd aboard the Amsterdam with my cabin# and booking# and the specific table request. He came back to me a day later and said you are all set.:) And yes he does accept tips.:D

The new procedure is -- when you check in at the pier they give you a nice folder with ID/Key and it contains and time of dining and the number of your table. We usually check where it is unless it is one we have had before. If we want to change it -- haven't needed to recently -- we would go to the old card-room area or someplace in that vicinity and find the Asst.Head Maitre 'd and request the change -- he will have a chart and his table all set up to do this. EC

No, dining table assignments are done prior to your boarding. The maitrd works this out sometime during the previous couple of days prior to your boarding. .:D

What I meant is that you have no way of knowing what your table assignment is until you board - correct?

Right now I'm more concerned that I'm assigned early seating and waitlisted for main seating for a Sep 28th cruise after I made my preference known to HAL. Is there a way I can contact the Maitr'd on the Zaandam directly now or do you think this will be sorted out after I board. Frankly, in over 20 cruises, I never was denied my dining preferences.

I presume you mean that your docs say 'early confirmed' and you know you are waitlisted for Main. When you check in and get your table assignment you may be pleasantly surprised that your card is for one of the Main seatings. If not, that is the time to go see the Maitre d'. I will bet you will be able to change as a number of people getting the 8:30 seating will be wanting to change to Early. :)

Archived