4* Mariner Pin

I sent e-mail as instructed and received a response today stating that the pins are in the mail. I will let you know when I actually receive them.

Congrats, boards ... also let us know if HAL sent you the 14k or the 18k pin!

Rod

You need to ask about the Mariners' Reception and Brunch/Lunch at the beginning of the cruise, if you think you are eligible. The event is scheduled on a day and a time convenient for the Captain and other staff and is by written invitation only so you won't see it on any schedule. By the time you hear about it through the grapevine, the event will be over.

Thank you, that sounds like good advice. My husband and I will be eligible for our bronze medallions on our 2016 Baltic cruise. I'll make sure we notify the appropriate party early in the cruise. We are really, really excited about this! :D

I became a 4 star Mariner on my cruise last year and the pin was delivered to my cabin - but I don't get the benefits such as free laundrey until my next cruise. One of my trivia team mates also reached 4 star status a couple of days earlier and also had her pin delivered to her cabin.

Neither of us were invited to or acknowledged at the Mariner Society function on board.

The same thing happened to us. We received the pin on our last cruise, but did not receive any benefits of the 4* at that time. We weren't acknowledged at the 3* level either. Hopefully on our cruise next spring.

Mary Lou

Edited by Kooolmomma

I was only invited to the pre-mariner's lunch affair when I received my bronze medallion. When I attained 4-star status, I think I received the pin in my stateroon, but on that cruise and subsequent cruises I never was again invited to the pre-lunch affair.

I was only invited to the pre-mariner's lunch affair when I received my bronze medallion. When I attained 4-star status' date=' I think I received the pin in my stateroon, but on that cruise and subsequent cruises I never was again invited to the pre-lunch affair.[/quote']

It can vary if bronze medallion holders are invited to the pre-brunch reception by how many high day Medallion Holders/Awardees are aboard. They can only accommodate just so many at those events and if there are a great many silver, gold and platinum holders, then bronze holders sometimes have to be omitted.