Spirit Class Ships

Raxter54

Carnival Legend and Carnival Miracle and then the Carnival Spirit which is now only out of Australia.

Sure miss my favorite ship...the Spirit. Loved sailing on her to Alaska..and those Mexican Riviera cruises out of San Diego. The combination of the Spirit and beautiful San Diego...wow!:)

I personally love the Spirit class ships - Have been on Spirit and Pride, and looking forward to our September Cruise to Hawaii on the Legend! :D

To me, the way the ship is set up makes it easy to figure out where things are and they were just really nice ships.

The Spirit class is a class of cruise ships built at the Helsinki New Shipyard (now STX Europe) in Helsinki, Finland. The ships are operated by Carnival Cruise Lines, Costa Cruises, P&O Cruises, Cunard Line and Holland America Line (all subsidiaries of Miami based Carnival Corporation). The 18 ships were built to the Panamax form factor, allowing them to pass through the Panama canal. This class has the smallest of the signature smoke stacks that Carnival has on their ships.

In 2009, the new Costa Luminosa (built by Fincantieri) was introduced. The design is a hybrid between the Spirit Class and the Vista Class which makes the Spirit/Vista class ship the largest cruise ship class in the world with 17 ships operating. see Vista Spirit hybrid class cruise ship.

Per Wikipedia. Didn't know there were 18 of them.

Costa Mediterranea and I think Atlantica

Yes you are correct there as they have also been Farcussed!

Its also worth mentioned that the Costa Luminosa and Costa Deliziosa are a Spirit/Vista Class hybrid (Not CCL Vista another Vista type).