Quick ?; leaving in 20 min...

fuzznsmoo

D and I leaving from Seattle today on the Ruby. I had in the back of my mind that the bottle per person had to be carried on the ship, but I can't find that in the Princess policy or on the luggage tag.

D and I are packed in one checked bag and 2 carryon with 2 bottles of wine in the checked. I put both our luggage tags on the checked bag to show it was for 2 people. Do I need to move one or both bottles to carryon at the Seattle airport before turning the checked bag over to Princess?

TIA

D and I leaving from Seattle today on the Ruby. I had in the back of my mind that the bottle per person had to be carried on the ship, but I can't find that in the Princess policy or on the luggage tag.

D and I are packed in one checked bag and 2 carryon with 2 bottles of wine in the checked. I put both our luggage tags on the checked bag to show it was for 2 people. Do I need to move one or both bottles to carryon at the Seattle airport before turning the checked bag over to Princess?

TIA

When flying in suitcase, in carry on to board ship. Always the same.

Can't be in your luggage....carry on only is the policy

I had 1 bottle of wine in each of two suitcases and there were no problems. Also, two more carried aboard. I (correctly) guessed that with all the embarkation commotion Princess would not bother me about one bottle of wine when they were trying to get bags delivered to rooms quickly. I was correct.

I had 1 bottle of wine in each of two suitcases and there were no problems. Also, two more carried aboard. I (correctly) guessed that with all the embarkation commotion Princess would not bother me about one bottle of wine when they were trying to get bags delivered to rooms quickly. I was correct.

The original question was about the policy. I answered it correctly.

Next time you might not be so lucky:D

The original question was about the policy. I answered it correctly.

Next time you might not be so lucky:D

True, but I would only have to pay $15/bottle corkage. The exact same amount if I had declared it.

TIA

Chances are you won't get caught. Loose lips sink ships. We've carried on 4 bottles and no one said anything to us.