amtrack from cape liberty

what would be a good time to book a amtrack train from newark penn after disembarkation on the liberty of the seas . it returns to cape liberty at 7 am.:confused::confused::confused: ty if anyone has any idea.

what would be a good time to book a amtrack train from newark penn after disembarkation on the liberty of the seas . it returns to cape liberty at 7 am.:confused::confused::confused: ty if anyone has any idea.

What date are you doing this? What are your time choices? Can you self disembark with your luggage? I did this in Jan going to Boston, but the snowstorm in NJ and the near blizzard in Boston messed everything up for me. I had the grand tour of Bayonne and Jersey City by cab in the snow just to get to a PATH station. You will not have these issues.

You should be able to make the 10:25 if you get yourselves off the ship promptly. That's the train I was booked on. It got cancelled and I was rebooked on the 11:47. The beauty of taking the train is that you don't have to be there super early to go through security.

My experience is not the best example. I think I got off the ship around 9 am. It was snowing and cabs were limited. The dispatchers were getting folks off to JFK and La Guardia. I just wanted to go to the local light rail station. The mood of the crowd was getting ugly. I told the dispatcher to get me into any vehicle that could take me to a PATH station. I shared a cab to Journal Square in downtown Jersey City and took PATH to Newark Penn Station. If the 10:25 train had not been cancelled I would have just made it.

My original plan was to take the light rail to Exchange Place and transfer across the street to PATH to Newark, which is the reverse of the way I went to the port. That trip took about an hour.