Splendor - Interior Deck 2 Question

Hello,

I am booking a 4 night cruise on the Carnival Splendor to Canada for next month. I was just going to wait until a business day so I could use my PVP. But when doing a mock-booking, I realized that they are charging to go up every single deck, except for Deck 1 and 2. I don't want Deck 1 because the glass elevators don't go there, and I like being close to the atrium. That leaves me with Deck 2, or an additional $20 per person to go up to 7, which I have no real issue paying. However, my question is how noisy are the Deck 2 interiors? I'm going to be under the theater, and I don't want to hear things all night, especially in port days, as they now use the theaters to rally the people with excursions, and if I have a late excursion, I don't want to be up at 7.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

I'll jump on the bandwagon and say I'd like to know, too!

This October my wife and I will be on Deck 2 of the Splendor, below the theatre. And my parents will be under the atrium.

Any past cruisers have feedback on this?

I like to be AFT on the Splendor. Ship is very easy to navigate just by going to deck 5. Deck 5 you can go from one end to the other without hitting a dead end. Dining room is AFT,buffet ,and adults only pool. I've sailed on Splendor 5x last year and getting ready to do B2B in a couple of weeks.16 days solo. Hubby doesn't want to go for that long.

I was supposed to do Canada last July 4th,storm going up the coast so we weren't going to make it. Captain made a decision to take us to Bermuda instead. Made my Day !!.... Whatever you decide have a great time .

I like to be AFT on the Splendor. Ship is very easy to navigate just by going to deck 5. Deck 5 you can go from one end to the other without hitting a dead end. Dining room is AFT,buffet ,and adults only pool. I've sailed on Splendor 5x last year and getting ready to do B2B in a couple of weeks.16 days solo. Hubby doesn't want to go for that long.

I was supposed to do Canada last July 4th,storm going up the coast so we weren't going to make it. Captain made a decision to take us to Bermuda instead. Made my Day !!.... Whatever you decide have a great time .

I like being forward because of the Glass elevators. Also, the regular elevators are the only ones that connect all of the decks. I stay forward on all my cruises. But I want to know how noisy a Deck 2 Interior stateroom is going to be. Do you know anything about that?

Hello,

I am booking a 4 night cruise on the Carnival Splendor to Canada for next month. I was just going to wait until a business day so I could use my PVP. But when doing a mock-booking, I realized that they are charging to go up every single deck, except for Deck 1 and 2. I don't want Deck 1 because the glass elevators don't go there, and I like being close to the atrium. That leaves me with Deck 2, or an additional $20 per person to go up to 7, which I have no real issue paying. However, my question is how noisy are the Deck 2 interiors? I'm going to be under the theater, and I don't want to hear things all night, especially in port days, as they now use the theaters to rally the people with excursions, and if I have a late excursion, I don't want to be up at 7.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

On most all of my past Carnival cruises, I have been on Deck 1 or 2 and NEVER had a problem as the decks above me were cabins. But, I wouldn't imagine that being below the theater would be any problem at all. Might be a different story if you are below one of the lounges. Sailing on the Splendor in Sept and will be on Deck 7. a treat for me this time.

I would choose deck 7 every time - between stateroom floors so much quieter

Exactly. Empress deck is the "high rent" area of the ship. Rooms have rooms above and below so it's quiet. There is a reason most of the suites are located there.

I have not been on the Splendor, but was on deck 2 on the Freedom, under the theater. ( I know different class, but they are similar ). I did hear some noise from above on a couple of evenings when I was back in the room early ( 10.30ish ). The noise was always over by 11.30 though, just some thumping, like dancers running about. It was never that bad or loud though, and usually I was not back in the room till midnight or so. Certainly was no noise from above after midnight. I would not hesitate to book a room in that location again.