Zip line in Labadee

Me, our Daughter and Son-in-Law plan on doing the zip line in Labadee. How far is the end of the zip line from the ship? Is it in walking distance? The reason I am asking is because my wife uses a scooter. Is it close enough for her to ride there in her scooter so she can wait there for us to come down the zip line?

Thanks!

its been a few years since I was there but from what I remember... she would not be able to wait/watch from the top, and I doubt she would want to see from there. There is however, a large area/beach where the zipline ends that she would be able to view, take pictures/videos from.

its been a few years since I was there but from what I remember... she would not be able to wait/watch from the top, and I doubt she would want to see from there. There is however, a large area/beach where the zipline ends that she would be able to view, take pictures/videos from.

I meant she would be waiting at the end. Can she get there from the ship on her scooter? Thanks!

I'm not sure on whether she can get there on her scooter. I think it's paved, but not totally sure. Maybe you can contact RC and ask them? I'm sure you're not the first person to ask.

Just so you know, the whole thing will take about 45 minutes--at least. I would go pretty early in the day if you want to do other things on Labadee. You have to try on the gear, do a test run, go up to the top, etc. She won't be able to tell it's you guys coming down until you're most of the way down. It's a lot of fun. Enjoy!

i would suggest your wife take her scooter off the ship - from what I remember the pier is a very long walk. once you get through the gates (and past the photographers) she should just bear to the left - you will see where the zip line ends and she can take her scooter to the edge of the sand area there. it wont be a very long walk across the sand.

be sure to wear something colorful or use walky-talkies to let her know when you are coming down. it's really, really long zip line and she will not know it is you until you are already done.

but it is an absolutely awesome experience - enjoy!

The end of the zipline isn't far from the ship, it's right by the food pavilion where they have the buffet. The platform you end at is a bit high up, with sand around it, they wouldn't let anyone stand on that because people are coming in at a quick speed.

But there's the path right by the platform with covered seating with the red roofs and the path where you come down from the platform is right there so she'd be able to see land and I think that would be ok with the scooter.

You could kind of see it on the map.

http://cruisewithgambee.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/BEST-OF-LABADEE1.jpg

The boat/pier is on the left and then the red covered buildings and that long diagonal blue line over the water is the zipline, that starts from the red circle.

Edited by adjjb12

Guest maddycat

We were just on the April 12 Quantum cruise. One of our favorite things to do on Labadee is watch the people on the zip line. We sit at the picnic benches in the buffet area. It's a fairly short distance from the ship. All of the paths in that area are paved. Your wife will not have any trouble getting to the area with her scooter.

Edited by maddycat