Early Flight from NOLA

katiel53

Good morning,

I am wondering if we would be able to make a 10:30 flight from New Orleans on Sunday Oct 25. We would not be doing self assist, but would be in group 1 debarking from Carnival Dream.

Any advice would be helpful. Thank you so much

On a Sunday morning, it should take less than 30 minutes to get to the airport from the cruise terminal.

10:30 is cutting it a little close, but you should be able to make it.

At the latest you would need to be in a cab by 9am. Sundays are a congested airport day, so this is the latest you need to consider, which will be tight- if you don't self disembark. I would suggest you change your idea and do the walk off in the first group.

Thank you all for your help. I might have to do self assist, but I usually have too much to do that.

If I were to do self assist do I have to use an escalator or are there elevators? I've never been to the port in Nola.

If anyone has any additional tips regarding getting from the port to the airport, I'd love to hear them,.

There are elevators. No escalators.

When you get into the baggage area, get a porter. There is a separate customs line for porters, and that speeds up the process.

When you leave the terminal you will see a line of cabs. Very easy.

jgmpuma,

Thank you so much. Usually I have so much luggage that I need a porter, but this time I will only have one large suitcase and a carryon. My sister and I can use one porter together so that should work.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you all for your help. I might have to do self assist, but I usually have too much to do that.

If I were to do self assist do I have to use an escalator or are there elevators? I've never been to the port in Nola.

If anyone has any additional tips regarding getting from the port to the airport, I'd love to hear them,.

We used an escalator during self-assist yesterday off of the Dream at NOLA. I'm pretty sure there was an elevator available for folks not wanting to use the escalator because the two people in front of us went around the escalator and I assumed they were heading to an elevator.

Self-assist started at 7am for us. Decks 1 and 2 were the first decks called but not everyone waits for their deck to be called (hint, hint). Our process was really quick. We were still eating breakfast at 7am and we were in our car and out of the cruise terminal parking garage by 7:45.

ETA: There is always a chance for delays in reaching the port or in the debarkation process itself...

Edited by day-day

Thank you all for your help. A couple of days after I posted, I went to make my arrangements but the flight I wanted was sold out so I am staying in NOLA an extra day. My sister is also staying so we will have an extra day of vacation which is always good.

Thank you all for your help. A couple of days after I posted, I went to make my arrangements but the flight I wanted was sold out so I am staying in NOLA an extra day. My sister is also staying so we will have an extra day of vacation which is always good.

We did self-assist because we were in a hurry to get on the road for our 6 hour drive home. I would really like taking the slow approach by staying in New Orleans overnight after the cruise.:cool:

I think the instructions said that we had to be out of our cabin by 8am. (I kept my FunTimes but don't have the debarkation instructions.)

Edited by day-day