Dream Cloud 9 rooms

coevan

We really wanted a room lower and mid ship, but the Cloud 9 cabins are on the Spa or Panorama deck. Has anyone experienced either deck? It appears you can buy a spa package for $189 a week per person, which is a lot more than just buying the spa cabin.

We've stayed in a spa interior on deck 11 -- loved it and the cloud 9 amenities. Just be sure you're not under something that could be too noisy.

If I can ask, any particular reason you'd prefer a lower deck?

Lower & midship rooms do feel less motion than those rooms way up high & forward. I also greatly prefer the lower rooms, not just for this, but for the convenient location. So close to the dining, evening activities, and for getting off/on the ship.

But to get the spa, it will typically be cheaper to getting the spa room as opposed to getting a lower category room & buying the pass. So unless motion is a massive concern, I would say to get the spa room. We had a deck 11 interior spa room on Magic. There was more motion, & more creaking sounds, but it wasn't too bad. We were under the reception desk, which wasn't a problem. I wouldn't want a room under the fitness room. Deck 12 balconies are not covered, which some people might like while others would hate it. The people on the public deck above those are capable of looking down onto part of the deck 12 balconies. I would prefer deck 11. Being up high, even though you'll have to use elevators when the elevators are the busiest, you at least will be very close to the waterslides, pool, & buffet.

Edited by k2excursion

Our Dream cruises were always in Cloud 9 Spa cabins. We've been in both interior and balcony. As previous poster says, just watch that you're not under the gym (that's the 2 or 3 most forward cabins on the port side) or you'll get woken up every morning at 5:55 A by the thumping of the treads. And yes there are people in the gym before 6AM. But unless you're in really rough seas or a storm, the motion isn't really noticeable. Go for Deck 11 , Panorama deck and cabins 11230-11244 port or 11229-11243 starboard. Furthers ones back closer to elevators. Nothing above or below but cabins. You may wish to avoid the very end cabins as they are close to but not under the water slide entrances on the Spa deck.

Which ever cabin you wind up in, have a great cruise and enjoy the Spa. Don't forget the "secret" spa entrance up forward between the interior cabins.