Best beaches (Bahamas/Caribbean) for first time cruisers?

DH & I are planning on cruising for the first time Nov/Dec 2015 & our main interest is to sit & relax on as many beaches as possible. Days at sea would ideally be spent poolside/on deck. We're not opposed to activities/shows/etc but looking to leave packed schedules at home. Onboard, do deck chairs fill up fast & does that depend on which ship or cruise line you're on? Our only reason for getting a room with a balcony would be to ensure we have a place to sit outside. Is going to beaches at the different ports something we need to sign up for ahead of time? Any other advice for first time cruisers?

You should get a guidebook on the Caribbean..it will detail ALL the beaches on all the islands...that way, you can pick the beach that sound just right for you! There is no need to pay for an excursion for a beach day...a guidebook will show you how easy doing a beach is!!! All of the islands beaches are "public",,and most have buses and all have cabs! Figure out where you want to go..and go! DIY!

On sea days, yes, the pool deck will be pretty full most of the day...however, there are PLENTY of loungers, but of course, not everyone can sit right by the pool....there are loungers on the decks above the pool...and it's usually cooler there (because of the breeze!) and less crammed together! That's our preferred area! We still like a balcony, just for a "private" place...but you will not have a problem finding someplace to sit!!!

Edited by cb at sea

Another place to look is on this board under Ports of Call. Just type in your question about beaches and you will be connected with a bunch of experts.

A couple of weeks ago on the Caribbean Princess I was told I couldn't go on my snorkel excursion because of some medication I was taking. We went back to the cabin, pulled up CC on the IPAD and went to the port of Cozumel and there was the answer. I had several choices of beaches that were close by and one we even walked to.

There are so many great beaches in the Bahamas/Caribbean.

Some of those we have enjoyed:

Cable Beach in Nassau

Magen's Bay Beach in St. Thomas

Orient Beach in St. Martin

Carlisle Bay beach in Barbados

Palm Beach in Aruba

Blue Bay in Curacao

Half Moon Cay- Bahamas private island

Coco Cay- Bahamas private island

Princess Cays- Bahamas private island

A good book on the beaches of the Bahamas/Caribbean will help you find the best beaches. Have fun.