Currently aboard the Getaway

We are currently aboard the Getaway in a spa suite. We boarded on Saturday. Shortly after boarding, we were in an elevator when an elderly lady on a walker spouted out: "Well, I'm already disappointed in this ship." another female passenger offered, "Perhaps you should wait more than 2 hours to decide..." LOL!

Anyway, we are NOT disappointed in this ship at all. It is just beautiful. ALL of the food has been excellent. We had a great dinner in Le Bistro, a great dinner in The Haven Restaurant and a great dinner in Cagney's and that's just so far. The spa is wonderful. Our spa suite is wonderful. We enjoyed the show in the Illusionarium. We had a great sushi lunch/dinner prior to the show. We really have no complaints whatsoever.

Yesterday in the BVI we went to The Bath's and passed by Necker Island and Richard Branson's house there. Today, we are in beautiful St. Thomas. Life is great!

Let me know if you have any questions about this wonderful ship and I'll try to get an answer while onboard.

Could you tell me which movies they are showing (3D and in the atrium)? I'm going on Saturday (yay!!) and I don't want to end up getting the same movies to watch on the plane. Thanks! Enjoy your trip!

This is what they seem to be running so far:

Despicable Me: 2

Big Hero 6 (3D)

Godzilla (SpiceH2O)

Our cruise was an anomaly as they showed the big boxing match with ******** in the atrium live and that likely cancelled out some movie or other events.

Hi SuiteTraveller.

Bob and Christine calling from Australia.

Looking at this fabulous ship for a cruise possibly next year in the Caribbean. Do you know if the Getaway does back to back cruises with different ports or can you do longer cruises on her for eg 12 or 14 day ones. Coming a long way for the cruise and 7 days to short for us.

Enjoy your cruise, it seems you guys are having a ball already. The ship does look great on Youtube.

Cheers Bob.

Getting on the ship in three days! Glad to hear that it's everything you had hoped for.

Yes, I'm very pleased with the ship and our cabin is really terrific. There is plenty of storage and a normal sized king size bed. Last year on the Epic, we had a spa suite with the round bed, which was gorgeous but a little awkward to sleep on as I tend to sleep on the edge of the bed. The ONLY issue we had was some rough waters the first night out where the closet door slid open with a bang and woke us up in the middle of the night. But that wasn't a big deal. Just one of those things that startles you and then you laugh about it and go back to sleep. Other than that very minor thing, this really has been an ideal cruise in every way. The ship staff are very friendly and polite and seem to enjoy working here. Everything has been great!

We will have the same type of cabin in November.

We are excited about the magic show in Ilusionarium so great to hear you liked it,

How has the service been in the Haven courtyard for food and beverage during lunch time and afternoons? Is it a set menu every day?

Hi SuiteTraveller.

Looking at this fabulous ship for a cruise possibly next year in the Caribbean. Do you know if the Getaway does back to back cruises with different ports or can you do longer cruises on her for eg 12 or 14 day ones. Coming a long way for the cruise and 7 days to short for us.

Enjoy your cruise, it seems you guys are having a ball already. The ship does look great on Youtube.

Cheers Bob.

Yes, they do alternate routes so you can do b2b with different ports.

7 Day Eastern

7 Day Western

2 Day Bahamas

ALL round trip Miami.

Big Hero 6 (3D)

Godzilla (SpiceH2O)

Our cruise was an anomaly as they showed the big boxing match with ******** in the atrium live and that likely cancelled out some movie or other events.

I didn't see the match with ********, hopefully that one was better than Mayweather and Pacquio because that was pretty lame...

Edited by wichitastatecruiser

I see you said you were in a Spa Suite, but you went to the Haven, are you in a Haven Spa Suite? Wasn't sure how you could get into the Haven without being in that class area of ship.

Have you done all of the things in the Spa? Like the salt bath, thermal pool and chairs, has it been crowded, if so, what days? Does your husband like the spa and is he using it regularly?

We are going in July and booked the Spa Balcony, we may move up to the suite if one comes available.

Sounds like you may have the UDP since you are going to the specialties, is there one that you haven't liked? One that you would go to twice?

You mentioned that you went to the Baths over in Virgin Gorda while in Tortola. I was planning on going here, however I'm having a hard time deciding whether to book the tour through the ship, do it on my own via the ferries, or get a tour guide when I get there. Which did you do and what would you recommend? Thanks! Glad you're having a great time!

I see you said you were in a Spa Suite, but you went to the Haven, are you in a Haven Spa Suite? Wasn't sure how you could get into the Haven without being in that class area of ship.

Have you done all of the things in the Spa? Like the salt bath, thermal pool and chairs, has it been crowded, if so, what days? Does your husband like the spa and is he using it regularly?

We are going in July and booked the Spa Balcony, we may move up to the suite if one comes available.

Sounds like you may have the UDP since you are going to the specialties, is there one that you haven't liked? One that you would go to twice?

All suites on the Getaway are Haven Suites. (Excluding mini-suites that are NOT suites.)

Hello SuiteTraveler! Thanks for checking in and glad you are having a great time. Do you know who will be taking Sugar Blue's place in Grammy Experience? I know he leaves soon (a week or two). So glad you are enjoying the food also. We board on the 23rd and can't wait.

Enjoy your trip. :)

Big Hero 6 (3D)

Godzilla (SpiceH2O)

Great thanks so much! My son will be happy if those are the choices for next week :)

So glad you are enjoying such a wonderful week! I am also curious about the Bath's in Virgin Gorda. Did you book through the ship or on your own? I can't wait until it is our turn:)...enjoy the rest of your week!

I have a legit request.. please try to find out the nitty gritty on taking food "to go" from O'Sheehans, or the buffet. Lots of rumors about what can, and cannot be done. I'm pretty sure the answer is NO for O'Sheehans, but are they enforcing it? Try to walk out of O'Sheehans with a couple'a wings and see if you are beaten and hog tied :D:D:D

Hi SuiteTraveller.

Cheers Bob.

Hello Bob,

Getaway is offering a 1 time special cruise this October. 12 nights out of Miami. October 31- November 12th. Aruba, Curacao, Barbados, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Lucia. I'm booked and slowly counting down the days😊

I have a legit request.. please try to find out the nitty gritty on taking food "to go" from O'Sheehans, or the buffet. Lots of rumors about what can, and cannot be done. I'm pretty sure the answer is NO for O'Sheehans, but are they enforcing it? Try to walk out of O'Sheehans with a couple'a wings and see if you are beaten and hog tied :D:D:D

I figure if I want something from O'Ss I will order it and take it out if nobody is looking. They can't watch everybody. Half the time it takes awhile to get food there.

HD and I were on Getaway last week. We so miss it.

We had a Spa Balcony on Deck 14. It was just fine.

We spent most of our time hanging out in the spa.

The Therapy Pool was divine.

Both heated tile and regular loungers were lovely.

Spice H20 parties at night had a lot of energy.

Very LBGT friendly. We could feel the vibe.

Super friendly crew.

Oh, and the Sugarcane Majito bar was our other quiet spot.

Have fun and enjoy every minute!

We are planning on visiting the baths. It appears there are two beaches and a rocky path.

Will swim shoes be OK for the walk?

Should we plan on starting at one beach or the other?

How much is snorkel gear rental?

Any secure place to leave belongings while in the water?

Are beverages available?

Kara and Lot

51 days to Haven.

We are planning on visiting the baths. It appears there are two beaches and a rocky path.

Will swim shoes be OK for the walk?

Should we plan on starting at one beach or the other?

How much is snorkel gear rental?

Any secure place to leave belongings while in the water?

Are beverages available?

Kara and Lot

There are a few good reviews with each of the offered NCL excursions that address all these issues. I cannot link to it from here as I cannot get on to my account at NCL right now. There are suggestions on which path to take, says there are lockers and some vendors as well as snorkel gear rental.

37 days and 7 hours to our #3 Getaway GETAWAY!!

Edited by PDIDDYwife

Did you pre-reserve any of the Levity comedy shows? They were not available to book on line , so I contacted the pre-concierge.

Just wondering if you were able to see the shows, if you made ressies or if it is actually first come first serve?

THANKS!!!!