Hotel in Rome

Slyfox16

Many thanks to those that responded about the out-of-the-way location for the Marriott Courtyard. Can anyone suggest a 4 star hotel that is relatively in the center of Rome for approximately $150 a night, at the end of Oct.

Many thanks to those that responded about the out-of-the-way location for the Marriott Courtyard. Can anyone suggest a 4 star hotel that is relatively in the center of Rome for approximately $150 a night, at the end of Oct.

Not sure about 4 Star or $150.00 a night. But you could look at the Albergo Cesari for a popular hotel and a great location a few blocks from the Pantheon.

I suggest you put your criteria into a search on venere.com (allows you to search by area within Rome and by cost) and see what you find. I doubt you'll turn up much at your price point. other than around Termini, which is not the ideal location. End of October is still expensive in Rome. Prices drop on November 1 for the off-season. (However, it will still depend on supply and demand.)

Let me caution you about star ratings in Italy. Four stars is not indicative of quality. It is a rating system used to signify that a hotel offers certain amenities (e.g., a restaurant, meet facilities) that may or may not be important to you. However, it is NOT an indication of quality. I've stayed in fabulous three star hotels in Rome and lousy or so-so four star hotels. It's more important to read a lot of reviews on sites like Tripadvisor, Venere.com etc. (Please ignore the multitude of comments about "small rooms". All European hotels have "small rooms" -- especially at the price point you're considering. :cool:)

Once you narrow it down to one or a couple of possibilities, you might double check your findings here or on the Rome forum at Tripadvisor. If budget is paramount, there are worse things than being near Termini. For example, being miles out in suburbia at the Marriott Courtyard.

Edited by cruisemom42

I suggest you put your criteria into a search on venere.com (allows you to search by area within Rome and by cost) and see what you find. I doubt you'll turn up much at your price point. other than around Termini, which is not the ideal location. End of October is still expensive in Rome. Prices drop on November 1 for the off-season. (However, it will still depend on supply and demand.)

Let me caution you about star ratings in Italy. Four stars is not indicative of quality. It is a rating system used to signify that a hotel offers certain amenities (e.g., a restaurant, meet facilities) that may or may not be important to you. However, it is NOT an indication of quality. I've stayed in fabulous three star hotels in Rome and lousy or so-so four star hotels. It's more important to read a lot of reviews on sites like Tripadvisor, Venere.com etc. (Please ignore the multitude of comments about "small rooms". All European hotels have "small rooms" -- especially at the price point you're considering. :cool:)

Once you narrow it down to one or a couple of possibilities, you might double check your findings here or on the Rome forum at Tripadvisor. If budget is paramount, there are worse things than being near Termini. For example, being miles out in suburbia at the Marriott Courtyard.

I've stayed twice near Termini in order to catch trains at the crack of dawn. I had no problem with the area (but I was not out late at night.). Some of the b and b's you can find on Venere or other booking companies can be a good financial choice. As Cruisemom mentioned, reading, reading, and more reading is the key.

Hello, I thought I replied on the Princess forum but I guess the thread was deleted.

Anyway, last September we stayed in 2 hotels near Termini station - both 3 stars both clean and with elevators and very good breakfasts with eggs, fresh fruit, meat etc.

The Hotel Montecarlo and the Crosti Hotel both about 15 min walk from Termini in very safe areas are around your price range. I would not hesitate to stay in either again. Wonderful English speaking staff and great restaurants close by.

Have fun!

If you do a search on Cruise Critic, you'll find lots of recommendations

I found this one within walking distance to the Colosseum, and to lots of restaurants, located in a quiet neighborhood

http://www.hotelforiimperialicavalieri.com/

recommended by a traveler in International Travel News, a travel newpaper/magazine I subscribe to .... a travel resource I highly recommend BTW... with articles and letters to the editor written by other travelers. (You can ask for a free sample copy to be mailed to you).

Anyway, I just checked for end of October and their prepay rate for a double run (for two nights) from 234 Euro (economy) to 306 Euro (classic). Includes breakfast and minibar. They also offer a free cancellation rate that is about 12% higher.