Carnival Conquest - April 18 - Trip Review and Daily Diary

Catrin

• 1 month later...
HI,

What is the cost to just go in Margaritaville and swim and have the odd drink without the pkg deal? Or is there a cost. We would have a couple drinks and food, and swim but is there a entry fee? Thanks!

Hey there... there is no cost to use the pool at Margaritaville. Of course, they ask that you purchase drinks or food there, but there is no pressure if you just want to sit on one of the chairs and relax for the day.

Thanks for reading!

Hi! Can you tell me if the piano bar was smoky on your trip?

Hello, the piano bar was smoke free on our cruise. I believe this is fleet wide now!

For us, this makes it even more enjoyable. I remember one cruise, people would walk in the piano bar, take two steps in, light up a cigarette, smoke it quickly then leave. So annoying!!

Thanks for reading!

Hello, the piano bar was smoke free on our cruise. I believe this is fleet wide now!

For us, this makes it even more enjoyable. I remember one cruise, people would walk in the piano bar, take two steps in, light up a cigarette, smoke it quickly then leave. So annoying!!

Thanks for reading!

Thank you!!! That is a relief.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the great review! Super helpful. We are going on this cruise Oct 4th (yeah! coming up quick!). Have the Seavis Saeno (sp?) tour booked as well for DR and happy to hear your good comments. Also considering the North Coast Jeep Safari for Aruba.

Thanks again!!!

I stumbled upon this today-thanks for sharing, especially the photos.

Your kids look like they were having the time of their lives-no pouting faces ever.

So nice to see- I am sure they are hooked on cruising already.

Nice job!

Norris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Overall, I would recommend this excursion. While it was a lot of fun, the beach was rocky and we did not like the tipping pressure. Compared to the cruise excursion prices, this tour was a value. The kids really liked it (although I think Matt liked it the most because he had some rum in his punch!)

COMING UP…. A quiet night on board and Curacao!

Thanks for linking this review to the Conquest post. I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to experience 3 new ports for us as well. We are also going on the Seavis Tour and I have really been looking forward to it. I follow Seavis on their social media page and they are always posting pictures of this beautiful island and beach. Then I read your review saying that the beach is rocky. :( The pictures I have seen looked absolutely beautiful, so this may be a let down for us. However, we'll roll with the punches anyways. The people that were constantly bothering you though...ugh! I seriously hate that and if anything is going to get me irate on a cruise, it will be someone that won't leave me alone to buy something or someone who may put something on me or touch my daughter. :mad: I also don't like when tour companies are throwing the tipping thing in your face all the time. This is borderline begging and I can't stand it. If you did a good job, your tip will reflect this. No need to remind me over and over and put it in my face. I had a company like that once that it was during the entire time. In the end, I walked off and they didn't get a dime from me because the entire time it made us feel uncomfortable and felt like they were only concentrating on that tip money and not their actual service toward us. So, this should be interesting.