Quality of Celebrity gone down?

shamda

From reading comments over the years I have the impression that cruise line food in general has declined in quality over the past 6 or 7 years due to competitive pricing pressures. I think this was made somewhat worse by RCCL's acquisition of Celebrity, and Carnivals acquisisiton of HAL and the depressed cruising economics since 9/11/2001. With all that said, I've done most of my cruising the past three or four years and I LOVE cruising and think our March 2003 Celebrity summit cruise (our first on Celebrity) was the best ever in terms of service and food quality throughout the ship - in comparison to three other lines we've cruised. I also think that the increase in demand and increasing prices will allow the cruise lines moe lattitude to increase food quality. The low prices we saw in 2002 and 2003 were a bargain, but were too low to afford no dip in quality.

I also think the ships that started appearing 5 or 6 years ago are magnificent compared to the older ships. So there have been some improvements.

In the past 2 years, we have done 2 Celebrity and one RCCL cruise, and have enjoyed every minute of both of them. Maybe our standards aren't quite as high as some others as far as food is concerned, but it was good, our service was tremendous, the cabins were wonderful.

I've said it many times before; I really believe that you get out of a cruise what you put into it. There are going to be exceptions, of course, but we knew we were going to have a good time, and were not disappointed.

Next, off to Tahiti!!!

Millenium - Trans Panama Canal, 4/2004

Brilliance of the Seas - W. Caribbean 12/2003

Infinity - Hawaii 4/2003

Jubilee - W. Caribbean 4/2002

Inspiration - S Caribbean 12/1996

General Henry Gibbons- Puerto Rico 1959

Pvt William H Thomas - Puerto Rico 1956

(OK, these last two weren't really 'cruises')

Archived