Summit excursion to JVD

LOWTYD

Forgive me but I did a search and could only find info from several years ago. We are going on the Summit in October and they offer a ship excursion to JVD from Tortola. We looked into private charters but don't have enough people to fill a boat so we are looking at other options.

Has anyone done this 4 1/2 hour excursion and what are your thoughts? My questions are as follows:

1) What time do you leave the dock

2) How long does it take to get to White Bay?

3) Where do they drop you off?

4) How long to you get to stay?

Ship is in port from 8 to 5. I was wondering why it was only a 4 1/2 hour excursion. Is that enough time to enjoy yourself? I assume that includes travel time.

The last Ferry leaves JVD at 2 but it seemed like a pain in the butt to have to taxi to the ferry then taxi to the Soggy Dollar the do it in reverse to get back.

Thank you for any information you can offer.

Forgive me but I did a search and could only find info from several years ago. We are going on the Summit in October and they offer a ship excursion to JVD from Tortola. We looked into private charters but don't have enough people to fill a boat so we are looking at other options.

Has anyone done this 4 1/2 hour excursion and what are your thoughts? My questions are as follows:

1) What time do you leave the dock

2) How long does it take to get to White Bay?

3) Where do they drop you off?

4) How long to you get to stay?

Ship is in port from 8 to 5. I was wondering why it was only a 4 1/2 hour excursion. Is that enough time to enjoy yourself? I assume that includes travel time.

The last Ferry leaves JVD at 2 but it seemed like a pain in the butt to have to taxi to the ferry then taxi to the Soggy Dollar the do it in reverse to get back.

You might get more help if you post this in the Ports of Call forum for Tortola :)

They drop you off in White Bay, in front of the S$B. You swim in.

Hence, the name.

There are no taxis involved, unless you want to leave White Bay and explode the island.

I took it last year on RCI, I assume it is the same one. I do not remember exact times, but we left in the morning, ride over is maybe 30-40 mins, and we spent the entire day there. Lunch was included.

I had the same quandary that you do - could not find enough people for a private charter. This worked better than I even expected, I would not hesitate to do it again.

Thanks Dina, I just posted there .

Thanks Easton. - I know different lines to it different ways. Looks like NCL drops you off in the water, and what I read from an old post, X will bring you to the beach on a raft but it seems like it's down beach and you have to walk to SDR ( no biggie). I was wondering how they do it now. ( the post I read was from 2010 or 12.)

I just don't want to rushed when we get there. Thanks for posting the time it takes to get there. That will give me some clue on how long we have.

Edited by LOWTYD