Princess vs. NCL Breakaway

What should I expect? Just of the Regal Princess and I am now booked on NCL Breakaway so I can sail out of NY. Pros and cons anybody who has done both. It has been 20 years since I've sailed with NCL. Thanks in advance,

i sailed on the Regal Princess on April 5th and loved the experience. I think the Regal Princess experience was more formal than NCL and the food and service is better than NCL.

I sailed on the Breakaway a year ago and and I am going on the Breakaway again on July 19th because i like the free style option of not dressing up. It all depends on what you are looking for in a cruise. The entertainment on NCL is better than Princess.

IMHO Princess is slightly better than NCL but I enjoy both lines for different reasons.

I've sailed the Regal's sister ship, Royal Princess and an inaugural on the Breakaway. I've sailed both brands many times. The vibe on Princess is more laid back/serene. Some might call it elegant, whereas NCL is more boisterous. If you are toting school age kids, there are a lot more activities on the Breakaway. Overall, I prefer the Princess brand, but of the 12 or so Princess cruises I've taken, the Royal was my least favorite, for several reasons.

I was on the 4/5 Regal too! Were you at the meet and mingle?? Glad to here it will be acceptable just different. I will be toting some teens this time. They loved the Regal. Hopefully with all the child friendly activities on Breakaway they will be so busy they wont notice the furnishings.

I wasn't at the Meet and Mingle. However, my grandaughters ages 13 and 15 went on the Breakaway and the Regal Princess , they enjoyed the Teen Club on the Breakaway slightly more than the one on the Regal Princess.

I have no doubt you will enjoy NCL.