Do you get the worst cabins after winning free cruise ?

Wife and I won a free 7 night cruise on Freedom back in September 2014 out of Port Canaveral.

We had to send in the certificate to RCCL and are trying to get on Liberty for 9 night cruise out of Bayonne. We just have to pay the difference.

My real question is do we get the worst cabins they have and are there any real bad cabins on Liberty ?

Has anybody done this before ?

Thanks in advance

Bill

I don't think there are any really bad staterooms on Liberty.

When a friend of ours won a "free" cruise on Navigator, he could pick any available oceanview stateroom. He opted to get a balcony stateroom, so he had to pay the difference between the current prices.

Note that you have to pay taxes and fees, which will be significantly more than what shows on Royal's website as taxes, because they require you to pay the non-commissionable fees too.

I don't know the answer to that, but I'd bet that you'll be able to call customer service and request a room change once they get your reservation done. Even people who pay for the "guarantee" rooms (the cheapest option in each cabin category where you pay for the room at a cheaper price and then allow Royal Caribbean to assign you a room of their choice). So I wouldn't worry about it. Plus it's free; can't beat that no matter where the room ends up.

Sure there may be some more desirable cabins, but I've never been in one (from an inside to a balcony) that was truly bad. As long as the toilet flushes, the cabin is kept clean, and there are no oarlocks, I'm set. :)