Spring break out of San Juan

I am looking at two different cruises on Adventure from San juan. One Feb 11 2017 one March 18 2017. My kids school has both weeks off but we are possibly moving to a different state before then. The school district we are looking at has the same week in March but not in Feb. I had some friends sail on Liberty out of port everglades the first week of March this year and had some problems with drunk college kids dropping their pants and things like that I prefer my 13 yr old not see. So my question is anyone who has sailed out of San Juan mid March is the college spring break crowd as bad out of San Juan as it would be out of Fort Lauderdale?

I do not believe the spring break population would be as high on a ship out of San Juan as on a ship out of Florida. I suspect the expense of flying to San Juan makes is less attractive than the Florida departures.

I do not believe the spring break population would be as high on a ship out of San Juan as on a ship out of Florida. I suspect the expense of flying to San Juan makes is less attractive than the Florida departures.

I agree with Clarea. Collage kids seem to stick with the cheaper cruises. Sailing out of Florida.

I was on a cruise from Florida last Easter week, and one from San Juan this Easter week. There were lots of kids onboard, but many were civilized. Actually, it was very quiet, and there were lots of teenagers and college kids! They were respectful and nothing bad happened. I forgot it was a spring break cruise until I was asked "what was the spring break crowd like?" :D Mine was on Carnival, but the same general idea. The flights into Puerto Rico will drive many away from the cruise. You'll have a great time!

I sailed the Jewel out of San Juan in March and Carnival Valor Feb 2014.

Neither cruise had a large spring break crowd. I was shocked at how few kids were on the cruise this March. Based on this experience I will not be concerned with SJU "spring break" type crowds out of SJU.

May only concern has been the cost of flights to SJU in the spring.

We did a B2B (28 March and 5 April 2015) on the Adventure of the seas and both sailings had over 800 kids. Yikes! However there wasn’t any out of control, wild and crazy, overly loud partying. Except for at Qwest. No holds barred, as it should be. We always Cruise this time of year on RCCL, Celebrity or Princess out of San Juan, Fort Lauderdale and Miami and have never had a Cruise ruined or impacted by spring breakers of any age.

I am looking at two different cruises on Adventure from San juan. One Feb 11 2017 one March 18 2017. My kids school has both weeks off but we are possibly moving to a different state before then. The school district we are looking at has the same week in March but not in Feb. I had some friends sail on Liberty out of port everglades the first week of March this year and had some problems with drunk college kids dropping their pants and things like that I prefer my 13 yr old not see. So my question is anyone who has sailed out of San Juan mid March is the college spring break crowd as bad out of San Juan as it would be out of Fort Lauderdale?

Also, if they sailed on the Liberty, it would mean they would have been on either a 4 or 5 night cruise, which I believe tend to attract more college kids than the 7+ night cruises. :)