Taxis in Ketchikan?

brainerdgal

We arrive in Ketchikan at 9 a.m. on a Wednesday and want to visit Totem Bright. I'm concerned that the buses will be very crowded by then and will waste our valuable time in port. Are taxis readily available? We have visited Ketchikan three previous times, but have always been on an excursion or just walking around. I've never noticed whether or not there are cabs around the port or in town. :o Thanks!

Yes, plenty of taxis are available. They will be around the dock areas. It won't be cheap. :)

I would first suggest, you take a walk to the Museum bus stop (old library near Creek St.) and see how many people are there. The pick up is around 20 after the hour, and is the first stop. Silver bus. If you are at dock 1,2, or 3 you likely can make the 9:20a app, if you are organized in get yourself off the ship timely.

From Totem Bight there are 2 stops that the bus will make on the return. The turn around point is maybe a mile down the road, so they stop going in both directions. Take a look at the schedule, and consider getting on the bus, on the northbound stop- IF the park is loaded with independent people. There also will be tour groups, which are pretty easy to figure out, who won't have any impact on the city bus.