SL1 (Silver Line) from BOS to Boston Seaport Hotel

Hey all

We are booked at the Boston Seaport Hotel for a pre-cruise night stay. Will be flying into BOS on Delta and just wondering if anyone has had any experience with SL! from the airport to this hotel. If I understand right this ride costs little or nothing. I checked taxi cab rates and it look like the fare would be $20-$30 for this same trip.

Hey all

We are booked at the Boston Seaport Hotel for a pre-cruise night stay. Will be flying into BOS on Delta and just wondering if anyone has had any experience with SL! from the airport to this hotel. If I understand right this ride costs little or nothing. I checked taxi cab rates and it look like the fare would be $20-$30 for this same trip.

I have lots of experience with the Silver Line as well as the Silver Line between the Seaport and Logan Airport. What do you want to know? I can give you lots of details. The Seaport is across the street from the Silver Line Station.

Edited by 138east

I have lots of experience with the Silver Line as well as the Silver Line between the Seaport and Logan Airport. What do you want to know? I can give you lots of details. The Seaport is across the street from the Silver Line Station.

Just wondering how easy it is to use vs. a taxi. We will be coming with 2 pieces of luggage (1 bigger bag and a carry-on) and also wondering if there is a place to store the larger bags. Also am I correct is saying this costs little or nothing to use. My step-dad seems to think we need to use a taxi, but if I were on my own I would try the SL1.

Thanks

I used it when I was in Boston a couple years back..actually I visited 138!! I was at the Renaissance, but it was easy. I came in from South Station... it's cheap to use....and while I can't recall if there's a lot of space for luggage, I do remember almost everyone HAVING luggage.....

I was only there overnight and had just a carry on but as I remember it was really pretty simple and painless....hot, since it was July and even walking the block-ish to my hotel made me a drippy mess! :D

Just wondering how easy it is to use vs. a taxi. We will be coming with 2 pieces of luggage (1 bigger bag and a carry-on) and also wondering if there is a place to store the larger bags. Also am I correct is saying this costs little or nothing to use. My step-dad seems to think we need to use a taxi, but if I were on my own I would try the SL1.

Thanks

The Silver Line is free from the airport. For terminals A, B, and C it stops on the lower level near baggage claim. The bus has one low step to get on - no worse than a rental car shuttle. The bus has luggage racks because it was designed to serve the airport. The trick is to get on the rear door of the bus to have the easiest luggage rack access.

Coming from the airport the bus makes two stops at World Trade Center - outside on the street and inside the station. Get off at the outside street stop. Walk the same direction as the bus to the corner and cross the street to the Seaport Hotel and go straight ahead to the lobby entrance.

If you can manage your luggage this is a free trip. I'd spend the $20-30 on the cruise rather than a cab from the airport to this particular hotel. The company I work for has offices in the World Trade Center beyond the hotel. When I fly to Oregon I always work the day in the WTC and schlep my luggage on the Silver Line to the Airport.

The Silver Line is free from the airport. For terminals A, B, and C it stops on the lower level near baggage claim. The bus has one low step to get on - no worse than a rental car shuttle. The bus has luggage racks because it was designed to serve the airport. The trick is to get on the rear door of the bus to have the easiest luggage rack access.

Coming from the airport the bus makes two stops at World Trade Center - outside on the street and inside the station. Get off at the outside street stop. Walk the same direction as the bus to the corner and cross the street to the Seaport Hotel and go straight ahead to the lobby entrance.

If you can manage your luggage this is a free trip. I'd spend the $20-30 on the cruise rather than a cab from the airport to this particular hotel. The company I work for has offices in the World Trade Center beyond the hotel. When I fly to Oregon I always work the day in the WTC and schlep my luggage on the Silver Line to the Airport.

Thanks for the information. I was thinking of using the money saved on a meal at Legal Seafood.