Cheers on Half Moon Cay

KOOLKEN

Actually, since there is nothing in the cruise contract about taking alcohol off the ship, I wouldn't consider this smuggling nor give the procedure the negative reputation that smuggling has.

You pay for cheers and no reason not to get your money's worth if CCL doesnt want to include it on the island.

We were in Half Moon Cay a couple of weeks ago and we took a couple of bottles of wine off the ship with us. They don't check you going off since we were allowed two bottles on departure I don't see anything wrong with it. We had the cheers program and in Grand Turk we went back on the ship for lunch and when we went to the beach I brought a funship special off the boat in my Tervis Tumbler with no problem.

Don't forget you would be able to start accumulating drinks the day before as well.

Beers and if you want why not some shots straight. You could put it in a travel mug, once ashore they have ice and mixers available.

I don't get the cheers program myself, but I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use it this way.

Have a great cruise

I thought of that but people with cheers shouldnt have to work so hard to get their moneys worth

So much work........ :D Is it really worth it for a few camns of beer? a few shots of liquor? :eek:

So much work........ :D Is it really worth it for a few camns of beer? a few shots of liquor? :eek:

Like I said personally I wont consume that much alcohol so I wouldn't buy into the program, but if I had paid for the drinks it doesn't seem an unreasonable amount of effort so that I could have my drinks on the island. Now that you got me thinking I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do the same at any of the ports of call.

I bring a few liters of water with me every time I get off the ship, if I paid for cheers and it's allowed why not bring a few cans of beer? I have read lots of posts where people have said they can't get close to their quota when they have spent the day on shore.

Like I said personally I wont consume that much alcohol so I wouldn't buy into the program, but if I had paid for the drinks it doesn't seem an unreasonable amount of effort so that I could have my drinks on the island. Now that you got me thinking I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do the same at any of the ports of call.

I bring a few liters of water with me every time I get off the ship, if I paid for cheers and it's allowed why not bring a few cans of beer? I have read lots of posts where people have said they can't get close to their quota when they have spent the day on shore.

I would think it would depend on where you are going at the port. If heading to the beach I would think appropriate but I would also have to assume that if walking around the port the police don't want to see beer guzzling cruisers walking down the street. :eek:

I would think it would depend on where you are going at the port. If heading to the beach I would think appropriate but I would also have to assume that if walking around the port the police don't want to see beer guzzling cruisers walking down the street. :eek:

I would take the beer to a beach.

Theres cops on HMC?