NCL provided beach towels?

Yes and as you reboard, you can trade your dirty/damp towels for clean ones. The beach towels are blue, btw.

Not very important, but on some NCL ships the beach towels are blue & white (striped) and other NCL ships they are green & white (striped).... ;)

Nothing screams "tourist" quite as loudly as a cruise line beach towel but yes, you may take them off the ship.

So what is your solution? Pack a steamer trunk of beach towels so you can have a non branded towel for every beach day? Or do you purchase a new towel from each location?

Nothing screams "tourist" quite as loudly as a cruise line beach towel but yes, you may take them off the ship.

You know, it came free with my sleeping quarters and screw it, I am a tourist beach-bumming in a part of the world that is not my backyard. That and the free ones are covered by DSC and I can exchange for the plush blue/white ones for $25.

You know, it came free with my sleeping quarters and screw it, I am a tourist beach-bumming in a part of the world that is not my backyard. That and the free ones are covered by DSC and I can exchange for the plush blue/white ones for $25.

You can upgrade to plusher towels? Or am i reading this wrong?

So what is your solution? Pack a steamer trunk of beach towels so you can have a non branded towel for every beach day? Or do you purchase a new towel from each location?

Sorry, forgot the ;) in my post since it was meant as a joke.

I'm not worried about the ship towels selling us out as tourists. My Dad's high black socks with sandals will take care of that; beach towel or not. :p

And what is wrong with high black socks with sandals?

You can upgrade to plusher towels? Or am i reading this wrong?

Yeah, you can do an exchange of the free towels for the plush one for $25. I remember on the Breakaway, it was deck 16 (or whatever is the deck with the main pool and buffet is) and right next to bar where the main pool is an towel exchange.

Not to worry ... NCL provides beach towel for your use on the ship and to take with you in ports of call.

So nice to be able to exchange them when you wish and not have to deal with wet dirty towels yourself. :)

LuLu

Are the towels the thinner beach towel variety or are they thick and fluffy? The last cruise we went on was an RC cruise and the towels were very thick which was actually really annoying because they were difficult to carry around and I could not fit more than one into our fairly large beach bag. I can't recall what the NCL towels were like. I was going to bring my own towels (at least for our kids) to be totally honest... but then I saw this thread and figured I'd ask.

Are the towels the thinner beach towel variety or are they thick and fluffy? The last cruise we went on was an RC cruise and the towels were very thick which was actually really annoying because they were difficult to carry around and I could not fit more than one into our fairly large beach bag. I can't recall what the NCL towels were like. I was going to bring my own towels (at least for our kids) to be totally honest... but then I saw this thread and figured I'd ask.

They are "medium" thick, doesn't take much room in the beach bag (or under your arm).

Your towels will be pretty stinky by the time you are ready to go home !

We like the NCL way- you can take them off and then dump them before you get back on the ship- they have towel exchange right at the gangway.

No more sandy, wet towels in the cabin