Restaurant in Waikiki

CoolChange37

We went to La Mariana Restaurant & Bar tonight for dinner. I would not recommend it. The service was extremely slow (we sat down at 5:30 and had to beg to pay to leave at 7:30). A mouse ran across the floor of the restaurant. And the Zombie drink, while strong, tasted awful. I was very disappointed after reading so much here about it.

Thanks for the info - I suppose if the taxi is only 25 bucks it would be worth it - we are staying at Aqua Palms pre cruise so that is a touch closer.

Are you on your roll call for this cruise. I mentioned on mine that we were going to House Without A Key (very good) and another couple joined us.:)

We had a fun evening. They paid for the cab on the way to the restaurant and we paid on the way back.:):)

I've been to La Mariana a couple times. We've never had a bad experience. We have military functions there and I've taken many visitors there. As far as mice goes...it's the tropics, it's down on the water front and it's not exactly a sealed up building. Mice are going to happen. I recently had two mice in my house....my house is clean and new. It just happens. A cockroach gets in now and then as well. The joys of paradise.

I don't go there when I'm in a hurry and the one time I was I let the server know as soon as I got my food I needed my check due to time constraints.

You seem to think I was attacking you. I went last night and posted my experience. That's it. Nothing personal. The food was awful (warm wilty salad with warm cheese, dry burger, awful drink) and we had a show at the Blaisdell (Brian Regan) that started at 8. A 5:30 reservation should have been more than enough time. I'm glad we went, the atmosphere is fun. I probably won't be going again.

Not at all. Just stating that one bad experience doesn't a bad restaurant make.

You seem to think I was attacking you. I went last night and posted my experience. That's it. Nothing personal. The food was awful (warm wilty salad with warm cheese, dry burger, awful drink) and we had a show at the Blaisdell (Brian Regan) that started at 8. A 5:30 reservation should have been more than enough time. I'm glad we went, the atmosphere is fun. I probably won't be going again.

We saw a big rat walking under the outside dining tables of patrons at our favourite hotel in Bali a few years ago.

Fortunately the diners didnt see it :-)

We are heading back to the same hotel next Saturday for the 6th time!

Thanks for the info tho!

I hope you have a better time than we had. I didn't mind the mouse. I minded that the food was not good and the drink was awful. There are other places I'll go to spend $20+ a plate for better food (Nico's is cheaper).