Policy Questions

TTU cruiser

I have a couple questions, but first a little background info. I am booked on the Glory June 20th sailing currently in a scenic ocean view room. We booked under early saver.

Question 1) Given a choice, would you choose the scenic ocean view room or a lido balcony? We have both stayed in a balcony room, but the scenic ocean view would be a new class to try.

Question 2) Am I able to switch room/what would the penalty be? I currently have $50 onboard credit from a promotion.

Should be no penalty because it would be considered an upgrade to move to a balcony. As far as rooms, I always book an aft extended because I like to sit and watch the wake and with the ocean view, you have to hope for clean windows and people not walking in front of you all the time.

Should be no penalty because it would be considered an upgrade to move to a balcony. As far as rooms, I always book an aft extended because I like to sit and watch the wake and with the ocean view, you have to hope for clean windows and people not walking in front of you all the time.

This isn't a normal ocean view room. It's the ones on the very front of the ship on deck 9, above the bridge. Floor to ceiling windows, and no public walkway in front of them.

I would absolutely stick with that scenic OV room. Those are such unique rooms: floor to ceiling windows looking out over the front of the ship, no public walkway blocking your view. Many people who have had these rooms say they like them more than just a plain old balcony that you can get anywhere, anytime, on just about any ship. Those scenic OV rooms are very hard to get. A balcony is so easy to get. Save the balcony for another cruise, keep this wonderful, unique OV room.

But, there are some people who would rather be at work than to be on a cruise without a balcony. So if that's you, then there would be no issue with upgrading to a balcony. You would have to pay whatever the going rate is for a balcony, which is most likely a higher rate than what you currently have for the OV. Plus, if that $50 OBC came with the rate for your room, then you would lose that, unless the room/rate you're upgrading to also includes $50 OBC.