Carnival Breeze Fun Hup App-what exactly can you do?

sailor_jimc

I have seen several posts regarding the social media access that started on the Breeze and is now on several ships. At risk of over doing the topic I need to ask a question because I have not seen the answer yet. I am going to be on the Breeze in a couple of weeks with my wife and daughters. I understand there is a $25 per cruise fee (or $5 a day?) but what exactly does that give me access to? I tried the Carnival Website thinking surely this would be advertised as a wonderful feature but I can't find anything (at least not looking in the obvious spots).

Hopefully someone who has used it on the Breeze can help here. I have the app loaded but it does not give you a lot of info when you are not on the ship

Can we text each other on the ship without paying for the social media package or does everyone we wish to text on the ship have to have bought the package?

If we do buy the package what does it give us access to?

How well does it work?

Thanks in advance.

When you get onto the ship, put phone in airplane mode and wi fi on... with the $25 social media plan you can do facebook, twitter, ect... (If you want to do email ect, there is a higher priced plan) You can check your sign & sail account, upload pics to FB, send messages on FB...It works pretty well most of the time...

I too have been researching this app.

My understanding is that the app and the social networking package are separate.

The app is free to use as you can access FunTimes, etc on it, HOWEVER, I believe that the texting feature is not included in that, and is extra...as to how much..I'm not sure.

The social networking package is $5 per day, or $25 per cruise...depending on how long the cruise is - and that will give you access to the typical Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. This is per device only, so that if you wanted to use it on multiple devices you have to sign out of the first one before signing into the other ones.

Any recent Breeze cruisers? I welcome corrections if I got anything wrong, and would love to hear any feedback on both the FunHub app as well as the social networking package!!

When you get onto the ship, put phone in airplane mode and wi fi on... with the $25 social media plan you can do facebook, twitter, ect... (If you want to do email ect, there is a higher priced plan) You can check your sign & sail account, upload pics to FB, send messages on FB...It works pretty well most of the time...

Yup, 2 different things, download the app and you can get all kinds of updated ship info and for $5 you can use text messaging for anyone in your party or anyone you meet on board that has also paid for the $5 portion of the app.

If you download the app it is self explanatory.

I used the app in February. The app is completely separate from any internet usage, social media packages, etc. I understand why everyone gets so confused, because the majority of people commenting on it haven't actually used it. I have!

The app- once you have downloaded there is a countdown clock you can use. You can not utilize anything else on the app until you board. Once you board, you turn your phone to airplane mode and connect to the ships wifi. This is free. Once in the app, you can look at the fun times, check different dining venues, operating hours, and check your account balance.

You can also enable a texting feature. You text in the app and can text anyone on the ship who also has activated the feature. The cost is $5 per device. Total, not per day.

You can also purchase internet usage thru the app. I purchased 24 hours worth of social media for $5. Once purchased, you can go to Facebook, Instagram, etc thru those individual apps and post.

It's an awesome app. It's FREE. Only additional is if you want to text or purchase Internet usage

Thanks Jenhem31! Exactly the info I was looking for. I'm sure my college aged girls will want social media access. Me, I can take or leave that< i would like to have the texting part as my wife and I often go our own way and then need to meet back up later. This would save some walking around looking for each other.

Thanks Jenhem31! Exactly the info I was looking for. I'm sure my college aged girls will want social media access. Me, I can take or leave that< i would like to have the texting part as my wife and I often go our own way and then need to meet back up later. This would save some walking around looking for each other.

The text feature is seriously a life saver. Enjoy the Breeze!