Arcadia uproar!

maggiemou

More Action and anger on Arcadia.

Well, the past two days have seen a protest on a grand scale here on the Arcadia South American and Pacific Adventure as it was billed. Or the Arcadia world cruise 2013 as it is called by all staff on the ship. A meeting held attracted over 400 people and then a second meeting more world cruisers angry and feeling cheated with the way this cruise was set up and marketed by P & O.

South America had been the main selling point of this cruise.

Most passengers booked the cruise for this itinerary.

Many Australians did the segment from Southampton to Brisbane. All the ones I met were hugely upset at P&O for cancelling a whole country - Argentina - from the itinerary.

There are 600 doing the full world. Most are livid at the way P&O have treated us all.

After everyone paid their full balance in October 2012 P&O decided to cancel all ports of call in Argentina. This they did on the 12th December not giving anyone any option to cancel their cruise.

Many people including myself were never inform at all. I learnt of their decision on the forum on Cruise Critic.

I was very disappointed. We were, however, happy to be going to The Falklands but this never happened as the weather was not good at 9-am but at 11-0 am it was Ok according to those who live on the islands but the Captain had already steered us away.

Then on arrival on the ship we received a note that Acapulco was cancelled. P&O cancelled, I understand, this port last year on Aurora as well so they must have known they had no intention of us going as they had not left enough time to get there from our previous port the day before.

Many people have written to P&O and many are writing while still onboard. Some have received money back. Most have had nothing. No ports fees, or fuel charges, have been credited to us. NOTHING.

So now nearing the end of the voyage people are mega upset. So action was taken.

What started out as natter or a moan on the deck between three people it was decided we passengers should have a get together to see how we were placed. A meeting point was to be the Crows Nest at 9-30 on Monday morning. Some thought maybe a dozen may turn up. Word like Chinese whispers spread through the ship. By 9-20 on Monday morning the Crows Nest was full to capacity. Standing room only. Amazing! Over 400 turned up which goes to show how many unhappy passengers there are on this tug boat.

It was decided a letter should be written and handed into to the executive Purser. Three guys volunteered for the job and another meeting was arranged for Tuesday (today) same place same time.

Even more people turned up. Names and cabin numbers were all added to a petition. Hundreds of names collected. I bet 80% of world cruisers were there. All livid with P&O.

This meeting was do with the fact we have had no ports fee returned. People feel “ripped off” cheated and conned into buying a cruise that P&O knew could not fulfil. They are now demanding a % of the fare back. Watch this space ! there are some very upset P&O regulars who say will never sail with P&O again.

Archived