Fun Shops - Beverage Purchase

carnival03

If I purchase one of the beverage packages from the "Fun Shops" prior to my cruise, can we consume those outside of our room? I thought I read somewhere that they can only be consumed within the room. Just wondering how strictly enforced that rule is?

If you pre-buy one of the beer packages, are they in your room on ice when you board?

I've hear folks on this forum mention buckets of beer . Is that the same as the beer gift pack you by from the Fun Shop prior to the cruise?

Thanks in advance!

I've hear folks on this forum mention buckets of beer . Is that the same as the beer gift pack you by from the Fun Shop prior to the cruise?

No, it's not the Fun Shop package. You buy a Bucket of Beer at the bar onboard (normally the Lido Bar, at least, that's where I've seen people with them). It's 4-5 beers (I think) in a bucket of ice and it's cheaper than buying them individually. I'm not sure what the price is or how much chearper they are though, I've never bought one. I drink more mixed and frozen drinks on a cruise than beer. :D

No, they are not on ice but if you're on a ship with a fridge you can put them in it. Ice has to be requested now for some dumb reason. Won't usually get it until after 4 pm or even nightly turn down time. Go to the Lido to get some before then.

If you pre-buy one of the beer packages, are they in your room on ice when you board?

Thanks in advance!

They are not the same thing.

The beer purchased pre-cruise from the Fun Shop (formerly known as Bon Voyage) will be delivered to your cabin warm. You're better off IMO just getting a bucket of 4 beers from the bar and taking them to your cabin to enjoy. Every time I have ordered anything from Fun Shop and chose embarkation day for the delivery date, it was waiting in my cabin when I boarded the ship and went directly to my cabin with Platinum. If you are a beer drinker, I recommend you take a collapsible cooler (packs nicely in a suitcase exterior pocket) and place it under the sink in the cabin bathroom. The cabin steward will place ice in it for you each day if you ask on embarkation day. Try to stay a bucket ahead of what you drink, and place them in the cooler on ice and they will be ICE cold when you are ready to drink them. That is the way beer is meant to be enjoyed (we're not German, right!? Lol).

Cheers! Have a great cruise!

Edited by winddawn

The fridges do not get the beer cold. Last cruise DH bought a bucket on ice and took it back to the room. He left it there over night and the container sweated all over everything. Ugh, everything on the desk was soaked, so just be careful if you buy a bucket and take it to your room.