Future cruise credit question. Need to cancel and TA is out of office

mikeysed

Hello all,

Hope this is just an easy answer. I was aboard Reflection this past Nov. I booked a Mediterranean 9 nighter. I then upon my return transferred this to my travel agent.

BTW: Onboard I paid $200 which got me a $150 OBC and the promo for then for Europe was 1 2 3 GO (pick 2)

The final payment is due 7/1/15.

I have not made any other payments, just the $200 Onboard.

I need to cancel this cruise, can I use the $200 deposit I gave Celebrity for another cruise in 2016 on Equinox?

My TA is in a training and returns tomorrow to the office. I figured someone here would know the answer.

Thank you.

Part B: I know the cruise I want to take in Nov 2016... If I rebook now, I would only be able to get the perks available today (if I booked today)... is that right? So right now I think its Pick your perk.

Edited by mikeysed

Unless your TA has some fees/issues they can simply move your onboard booking to a new cruise.

As far as the Perks, unless your TA has better luck than I did, you lose the perks for your current booking and get whatever is available on the new booking (plus the shipboard credit for booking on board).

Thank you both. My TA doesn't have any fees or anything like that. I will tell her to move to 2016 cruise, make sure I keep my $150 OBC, and then work out a deal with the new cruise.

Glad to see this is easy and won't cost me anything.

Thank you both. My TA doesn't have any fees or anything like that. I will tell her to move to 2016 cruise, make sure I keep my $150 OBC, and then work out a deal with the new cruise.

Glad to see this is easy and won't cost me anything.

Some travel companies on line do charge $50 pp for any changes. I avoid them as it isn't right to charge when applying for a upgrade, rate reduction, or cabin change.

You will want to make sure that your agent understands that you want to transfer your reservation to another cruise. If you have one picked transfer ithe reservation to that if not just pick something off in the future that you maybe interested in and as a place to hold the reservation until you find something better and then transfer it again.

Do not mention cancel. If the cruise reservation is cancelled you lose your deposit. You are transferring the reservation that in effect "cancels" the current cruise. You should be able to keep many if not all of the perks that came with it.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We had to move a booking made on board during 1-2-3 Go promotion from December 2015 to November 2015. The cost of the cabins was the same...I was pleasantly surprised that TA was able to retain ALL my perks!