Would you sail the Sunshine

erby2283

Just checked Southwest for you from Buffalo to San Juan and then back to Buffalo from Orlando - not much cheaper than Toronto! Buf to SJU - $764 for 4 ($191 each) and $716 ($179 each) from Orlando to Buffalo. :eek:

Now I remember why I stay childless. :D

Thanks for checking for me!! We haven't booked yet due to the cost of the flights..

The cruise cost is coming to $2300 for the 4 of us in an 8C balcony on deck 7 after OBC from CCL and the TA.

So paying $1500 for flights when the cruise is $2300 is hard to swallow...

Yes we are! We are on the feb 2016 journeys 13 day southern itinerary. Looking forward to it. It has 3 ports we have never been to yet. We sail for the ports and not the ship. Knock on wood, we have not had a bad cruise ever!!! None of the bad reviews have given me any worries. All will be wonderful!!

I'm on it right now. Last sea day appx due 38 mm due west of key west at the moment.

I would sail on her again if the itenerary and price were what I wanted. I really haven't felt the ship was that crowded except in two instances.

One was trying to get off in costa maya. Mew were behind schedule and they had an issue trying to dock in the wind. Jamie, the cruise director, asked us not to go get in line to debarked but everyone knows 95% don't listen to that. We were trying to get to a friends room on the first deck and the line was wrapped up to the third floor and hotter than hell in that hallway.

And at lunch in the buffet area on the sea days it can get busy at noon.

• 2 weeks later...
We are looking at the exact same cruise as my wife has that VIFP offer as well.

Flight from Toronto - San Juan and then back from Orlando aren't too cheap though. At about $1500 for 4 of us.

Will check Southwest - was waiting for them to open their rates for Dec and try from Buffalo instead...

Watch JetBlue as well, we fly both in/out of Buffalo and they have very similar service. Just flew to San Juan and got round trip for 400.00 USD. They fly ex FLL and you can pick up some pretty cheap one ways, depending on day, time, etc.!

I wanted to book the sunshine originally thinking she was a new ship but then found out that she was Carnival Destiny from 1996 which was refitted and renames Carnival Sunshine for this reason alone i booked a newer ship. It just makes me nervous to be on an older ship even if she had a facelift.

We cruised her in February and absolutely loved her...so much so.....that we changed from the Dream out of New Orleans to the Sunshine out of Port Canaveral in August. My DH didn't even let the $100 rebooking fee discourage him. The layout of the ship, we loved. The choices in the different foods for lunch was awesome. We can't wait to have the pasta again for lunch and enjoy a drink from the Havana Bar... Never had a problem finding seats. CAN'T WAIT!!! [emoji295]️ HERE WE COME!!

I have cruised on her twice as the Destiny, and once as the Sunshine. There was no problem navigating the ship any more than the other ships I have cruised on. I have been on the larger Breeze and Dream, but I like the smaller Sunshine just as much. I originally thought I would not like it being smaller, but I did.

Due to the price of airfare, I may need to switcjv my cruise and one of my alternative is the Sunshine. I have heard the ship feels more crowded since they added more staterooms without adding more common areas and as such has been getting poor reviews. Has anyone sailed her recently that can comment?

I am a pretty laid back kind of person. As long as I can get a chair in the sun and a flank steak at dinner, I'm good!

I didn't care for the sunshine. It did seem to lack public areas and because of this lack some of the public Entertainment's. There's no such thing as a bad cruise, at least in my opinion, but I won't choose sunshine again.