How do you make dinner reservations pre-cruise with kids?

ANGlady

First time on NCL...need help. I am trying to make my dinner reservations pre-cruise at specialty restaurants. It says "(Per Child pricing done on the ship)". When I go to make the reservation, it asks for the party size. When I select 5, which is 2 adults and 3 kids, it shows me a total due for 5 adults. I want to ensure I reserve enough seats for our whole family, but don't want to pay adult prices for 3 kids. Will they reimburse me the amount of an adult minus a child's price once on the ship? Thanks for any insight into this.

But children are still free in specialty restaurant if they order off of the childrens menu, which is not specific to the specialty restaurant, i.e., same childrens menu that is from main dining rooms.

Terry

But children are still free in specialty restaurant if they order off of the childrens menu, which is not specific to the specialty restaurant, i.e., same childrens menu that is from main dining rooms.

Terry

How do I make a reservation online pre-cruise and ensure i get the seats needed without having to pay for a full adult meal?

How do I make a reservation online pre-cruise and ensure i get the seats needed without having to pay for a full adult meal?
I've read on here that they are charged on line, but get the children's part back as an OBC while onboard. I would suggest that you call NCL and make the reservation with them on the phone to see if you can eliminate the charge for the children.

If your children eat off the free menu, you will receive a credit to your account that night. You can think of it as prepaying for some obc :)

Yes, if they are eating off the kids menu you will have to pay up front and will get it back as obc when you go to the restaurant. If you are in a suite people have reported contacting the pre-concierge will do it for you.

Which restaurant are you looking for? Teppanyaki would be one I'd book ahead of time but the rest you probably would have a good chance to do once you get on board.

You can't. In order not to be charged in the first place, you'd need to call and make the reservations, or as some have said, make them as soon as you get on the ship. To me, it's a flaw in the online booking system (as is the one where you need a reservation for, say 7 people, and you can only book it for 6 or for 8).