Beach wedding in Bermuda?

TheBubbs

I'm thinking of surprising my GF with a wedding in Bermuda. I've found out that the application takes 3 months, we travel in 5 so that's not a problem.

Everywhere I have googled only has "hotel" based packages. Since we will be in Bermuda for 2 days, I'm thinking its a perfect spot but am having no luck with finding the information for a simple, 4 person wedding on the beach.

Can anyone offer me any guidance?

San Juan could be a 2nd choice, as we have been there a few times and love it as well, but Bermuda is my first choice.

p.s. I checked with carnival, but Bermuda isn't on the wedding off-ship list.

Bermuda would be lovely - surely there are some private wedding companies not connected to hotels that could help you? Of course, I love Puerto Rico also, so that would also be a good option - but Bermuda is just spectacularly beautiful!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

...Best of luck with the wedding plans. Can't really offer any guidance regarding a wedding spot on Bermuda, but wanted to point out a couple of things.

...Please keep in mind that October is still hurricane season. Residing in South Florida, it's something we keep an eye on June through November. We've seen many. many hurricanes skirt the East coast shoreline and make it's way right at Bermuda.

...Also, (and please excuse me if you have already realized this) Bermuda is not considered part of the Caribbean. It actually off the South Carolina coast. Temperatures in October might not be warm enough for a beach wedding.

...Whatever you choose, Best Wishes for Health and Happiness, starting your new life together.

I had not considered that the temp could be low, Im so used to the carib.

Maybe the safe thing would be San Juan?

Oh, and yes "she said yes" and we have been talking about a beach wedding for some time, (we both love love love to cruise) she just doesn't know I'm trying to pull the trigger on this cruise :)

What I would do is use your search engine to look at Wedding Planner Bermuda and start from there. Contact a bunch of them and explain what you want and if they will take on a very small intimate wedding. I wouldn't wait to get started though, and that way you can figure out what you want and how much it is going to cost.

BTW ... October will still be a great time to go swimming, the water will be warm by then.

I had not considered that the temp could be low, Im so used to the carib.

:)

Not really so low..... just perfect beach weather!!

October in Bermuda is quite cooler compared to September. This is the time when the temperature starts coming down. The air temperature in October varies between an average high of 80 degree Fahrenheit to a low of 72 degree

I was married in Bermuda, it's a beautiful place to do a wedding =) Best bet is to contact a resort and use the planner they have there, saves some $$. Keep in mind, Bermuda isn't the cheapest island to get married at. We had a resort fee of $2000 for our wedding with 18 guests, that didn't include photographer, cake, champagne, transportation and other things. The marriage license isn't cheap either, I think it was around $300? It's been a few years.

We used a resort called 9 Beaches, but they've been under construction and closed for a few years now.

Air temp in Bermuda in October is similar to temp in June. The beginning of Oct is like the end of June. The end of Oct is like the beginning of June. (Same with water temp.) So, I don't think it'll be too chilly, unless 80-90+ (with the dew point)is too cold for you. :) But, tropical storms or hurricanes could be a small possibility. Of course the same goes for PR. But less chance in BM. Whatever you choose, hope you have a wonderful cerimony and a long, happy life together.