AOS cabins -- is there a better side/floor??

I am going on AOS next June and originally had a balcony (adults) and an inside cabin (teens) on deck 7. Cabins 7334/7335. I picked Deck 7 because I like to be somewhere in the middle of the ship and somewhat near the elevators. Those 2 rooms were directly across from each other so it was good. Floors above/below are both rooms so I wasn't worried about noise or anything like that.

The prices went down on my cruise a lot *THANK YOU CRUISE CRITIC* so I called and upgraded my kids room to a balcony and the room next to me on 7 (either 7336 or 7332) wasn't available so I moved to the other side of the ship to 7634 and 7636. But now I can go anywhere really (barring there are 2 rooms next to each other) and that they're D3 cabins. Looks like I can try decks 9, 8, 7 or 6

Is there another place you would go or a particular side of the ship that's better?

Thanks!

I am going on AOS next June and originally had a balcony (adults) and an inside cabin (teens) on deck 7. Cabins 7334/7335. I picked Deck 7 because I like to be somewhere in the middle of the ship and somewhat near the elevators. Those 2 rooms were directly across from each other so it was good. Floors above/below are both rooms so I wasn't worried about noise or anything like that.

The prices went down on my cruise a lot *THANK YOU CRUISE CRITIC* so I called and upgraded my kids room to a balcony and the room next to me on 7 (either 7336 or 7332) wasn't available so I moved to the other side of the ship to 7634 and 7636. But now I can go anywhere really (barring there are 2 rooms next to each other) and that they're D3 cabins. Looks like I can try decks 9, 8, 7 or 6

Is there another place you would go or a particular side of the ship that's better?

Thanks!

I'd stay away from decks 6 and 10, but other than that, the other decks (and sides of the ship) are the same to me.

Edited by clarea

Thanks Bob. You're always such a great resource and quick to answer. Appreciate it. That's kind of what I was thinking too. With all the cruises I've been on I'm sure I've been on both sides and I don't remember it ever mattering.

We were on AOS four weeks ago in balcony cabin 8290, on Starboard side. We were on the route with Aruba and in most ports we docked on the PORT side of the ship. We missed some great scenery from our balcony.

We were on AOS four weeks ago in balcony cabin 8290, on Starboard side. We were on the route with Aruba and in most ports we docked on the PORT side of the ship. We missed some great scenery from our balcony.

Agree...and the reason I always book portside cabins (except on Oasis or when I can get a true aft). Will be on a B2B on AOS next year and I've got hump area JS's booked...this area and portside worked out very well on our last southern caribbean :D

We had 7338 on a recent AOS sailing and it was a great location. It was a few steps from the rear elevators which means quick access to the dining rooms or Windjammer. In some ports you actually left the ship using the rear elevators which meant a quick exit from the ship, and convenient access to your room when you return from an excursion.

So I guess I'm on the port side then With 7634. I never know. Thanks for the info