WestJet

GORDONCHICK

I've not flown WESTJET but will be on an upcoming flight, booked through AA. Do they have assigned seats or not? I have no seat assignment for that leg of the flight, and I'm just wondering if its like SWA?

Wow. I'm surprised at your response. I wouldn't have expected such from you.

Sorry, this was not meant to be rude; just meant it in the sense that you are usually answering questions, not asking. Apparently, did not come out right!

Hi Gordonchick. This may or may not help but I recently flew (March) the opposite arrangement, where I booked with WestJet but it was an American Airlines flight. Since I booked through WestJet, they wouldn't let me book a specific seat. So I went to the AA site and was able to use my locator number and book my seats on that site.

Perhaps you can do the reverse and book through the WestJet site.

I now am pretty adamant about having booked seats since, a year before, United and Air Canada did not honour our reservations made almost a year ahead and had over-booked their flights. Since we didn't have assigned seats (or for some other reason), we were the ones with no seats.

On the other hand, one of WestJet's "promises" is that they don't overbook flights, so seat or no seat assignment, you should be just fine.

Hope this helps.

Judy

WestJet historically never sells more seats than exist on the aircraft. You do have assigned seating on your boarding pass and the board in zones now.

You should be find checking in 24 hours before and selecting seats then. If you do want to reserve ahead of time you should be able to phone them and do that. I believe they have an extra charge for reserving seats ahead of time on the cheaper fares.

You might also want to ask about upgrading to Plus. Plus gives you free checked baggage, more leg room, in flight drinks and food, priority boarding.