Hotel in Port Canaveral

junehoneymoon

It's likely cheaper to stay near the airport but I like to get all of the hard travel done the day before and start relaxing. We opted next Saturday for the Best Western on Cocoa Beach and treat it like an extra port day. A few hours at NASA, hit the supermarket across the street for any soda or water we want to carry on, some beach time, then hit the restaurants at Cocoa Beach pier. Sunday morning drop off the rental car and take a taxi or shuttle to the ship.

I second Radisson Resort at the Port - but that's because we always drive to Canaveral and like to leave our car with them and use the park and cruise package. And because I love their pool area and breakfast. The hotel itself is a little dated and if we flew in I would probably consider another option but rent my own car to get around Canaveral/Cocoa Beach, it's a really neat area to explore.

Anyone have a good rec. for hotels close to.port. Is it best to stay closer to.port or airport. Are there private shuttles that will get us from airport to P.C? Or taxi best?

It is about a 50 minute ride from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral, depending on traffic. A taxi would be very expensive. Radisson Resort at the Port is the hotel closest to the cruise port. They have a shuttle to the cruise port. It was free when I stayed there, and you can call in advance and put your name on the shuttle list for an earlier transfer time. They have a nice pool with waterfall and a poolside tiki bar. There's also a restaurant on site. If you are going in a day early, you would need to arrange for your own transfers if you want to ride to the port area that day. I used Florida Towncar Service. They met me at baggage claim at MCO and took us to Radisson. If you stayed at a hotel near the airport (there is actually a hotel in the airport), you could stay the night there and then take a Carnival transfer to the cruise port the next day. Another option would be to rent a car.

I have looked up some things and see quite a few hotels in surrounding area have transfer packages. Pick up from airport, stay the night, transfer to port. Is this not true? I know airport is quite a distance from port which is why I'm trying to figure out best way to get to a hotel and then to port the next day.

We like the Residence Inn in Port Canaveral. Free breakfast, nice clean rooms. They have a shuttle to the port for $8/pp but a cab is cheaper.

Many hotels have a shuttle package to the port but it isn't really free. The cost is added onto the room rate.

We like Four Points by Sheraton. We usually rent a car and drive from Orlando on Thursday or Friday and spend a couple of days in Cocoa Beach. Four Points has a restaurant, a Starbucks and their own little beach gear shop. It's also right across from Ron Jons. The only negative: not good if you are a pool person. The pool is in the parking garage. Yeah, you read that right.

I like the Courtyard Cocoa Beach. Only 10 minutes to the port.

I second Courtyard. Nice pool bar, good views from floors 6 and 7, and close to everything you may want to pick up pre-cruise. Have stayed there last 3 times sailed out of PC and will be there again in August. Downside...it's relatively expensive. We use points.

We will be getting in late Friday for our cruise on Saturday. We chose to do something less expensive than Radisson. Best Western inland more but worth the price difference.

This is what we are doing as well. We won't get there til 10 or 11 the night before so there was no reason in paying a premium price. Best Western Cocoa Inn is cheaper for the hotel stay (and free parking all week) than it would be to just park somewhere else. Our total was $85 !

I have looked up some things and see quite a few hotels in surrounding area have transfer packages. Pick up from airport, stay the night, transfer to port. Is this not true? I know airport is quite a distance from port which is why I'm trying to figure out best way to get to a hotel and then to port the next day.

I know the Marriott in Cocoa has a fly/snooze/cruise package that includes pickup at the airport, 1 night stay, transfer to cruise port, and post-cruise trip back to airport. It usually is around $200 total for two people. There are probably other hotels that offer something similar.