I Am So Bad - Just Booked Century 6/5/2004!

tuggers

I couldn't stand it! Had to book when I saw that price! Now I've got to find a flight!

Reasonable priced hotel for 1 night that has shuttle from airport and to port?

Can I make a 10am flight coming back?

I am so Nuts!!!

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Tuggers...congrats icon_biggrin.gif...may I ask what you paid...I know you sail solo too....

I have no more vacation time available except for my Sept cruise icon_wink.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Tuggers - Congratulations, I wish I could go with you! I have to wait until September for my Century cruise and it feels like it will never get here!

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess - 3/05

Valor - 10/05

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

Lois,

I got the Happy Hour inside cabin price with the single supplement @ 150%. yourowncabin.com had it at 679 single but when I called to ask a question yesterday she jumped on me about calling too much. I told her I had never called her before. Then I sent her an email and told her I had emailed her twice since I started subscribing to her newsletter and that I don't do this for entertainment, I actually do cruise a lot. She wrote back that they have 5000 subscibers and people try to get the specials without subscribing and since my phone number comes up as blocked they have some fancy equipment to ferret out my phone number. It showed I had called excessively yesterday. You can bet I won't be bothering her again! So I paid a little more, but I didn't get yelled at. This was probably very much TMI, but she made me mad!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Lois, we wish you could join us too! At least we'll have tuggers (Gail) with us. icon_biggrin.gif

Garry

Century Western Caribbean - 6/5/2004 countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;5;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Galaxy Transatlantic - 9/3/2004 countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;9;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

click <a href="mailto:gkm278@comcast.net">here</a href> to send me an email

Hi Gail..thanks for the information..not TMI...glad you told me.

I had subsrcribed previously and just cancelled...(subscription was up).

You are not the first person who has told me she was a bit rude icon_frown.gif.

I haven't booked through them...now I am going to think twice before I even subscribe again.

Have a wonderful time on the Century icon_smile.gif

Lois, The subscription just went up. I don't know to what. They sent out a message that the automatic renewals were canceled because of it. Now if you keep your subscription up to date you get the old rate but if you lapse for 7 days or more, you pay new rate whatever that is.

Tuggers & Lois - Is this the only place that gets special prices for cruises for singles? I was thinking about signing up, but if they can have *attitudes* I don't know if I want to. Sounds like a great service though.

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess - 3/05

Valor - 10/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

teedee I guess there's about 10 a week. Lots of HAL and the more expensive stuff, Radisson, etc. Some RCL and Century but more of the other. This is my first experience with contacting the lady who does it, Vicki Lantz. I was put off, put maybe I was having a ***** moment, who knows. I just felt like I was being reprimanded. She said it was because they have to weed out the nonsubscribers, but I identified myself as one right before she made the comments.

The price was 19.95 for six months but the price has just gone up. They haven't given us the new price just said we would pay the old price as long as we didn't let it lapse more than 7 days.

Gail,

I am so jealous!!!! We have to wait until NOv. to cruise again.......still think we need to do a reunion cruise. Have you cruised the west coast before? We are looking at Cal/Mexico cruises..........what do you think?

Barb

Cute_dolphin.gif

God Bless the USA and those who are fighting for freedom!

Soverign of the Seas 10/00

Monarch of the Seas 10/01

Celebrity/Century 10/02

Celebrity/Century 11/03

Celebrity/Zenith 4/04

Navigator of the Seas 11/04

Barb,

No, I haven't done that. Earl and I looked at a New Years Escape on the west coast but the price was hefty. I know for sure that we are doing Nov 7th 14 night Zenith and I am doing Jan 10th Horizon 11 night. Other than that I am open to suggestion. I hope Art gets better so that they can join us!

Tuggers,

Your at it again and I am sooooo jealous! Still haven't booked anything and even ended up selling airline vouchers since no time to take off and go anywhere! Well I guess I might as well work while I sulk!

Joe really wanted that escape one but the following 10 day is much cheaper, has less workdays off and the kiddies or boss won't kill me so I'm still working on him for that one.

Have a great time!

Horizon's First Balcony 3/04

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=125594606

Donna

Cruise Total: 8 Dawn Princess 12/8/01, Dawn Princess 8/19/02, Celebrity Century - 1/04/03, Carnival Fascination 5/2/03 Celebrity Horizon 3/1/04

Hiicon_smile.gif Terri, this is the only service I know about to offer very good pricing.

You need to be able to go pretty much at the drop of a hat...last minute things.

They are actually part of a bigger agency out of Chicago and cater this to "single cruisers".

Gail, I received that email too...but I just chose to cancel at this point in time.

Terri, Gail is not the first person to tell me about "the attitude" problem of Vicki. They do cater to tons of people and I guess she doesn't care how she comes across. I will wait a bit before I book for 2005....at least till I am on the Horizon icon_wink.gif.

Anyway...Gail, I am sure you will have a marvelous time.

Barb, I sailed the Mercury in March..San Francisco, Montery, Catalina Island, and Cabo...had a fantastic week and would recommend that one to you!!

Hey Tuggers, Start packin and change your countdown clock.

Karen & Paul

kmbix56@wmconnect.com

8_3_23.gif

http://community.webshots.com/album/124134511FOjEih

Infinity

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;06;27;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Galaxy B2B 10/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;16;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Mercury 03/04

Radiance 01/04

Summit 09/03, Infinity B2B Hawaii 03/03,Infinity 10/02,

Maasdam 07/02, Sun Princess 03/02,Maasdam 11/01,Statendam 07/01,Dolphin 1990?

Tugger,

When I said cheaper I meant the Mercury Escape. We have so few really beautiful months in Wisconsin that I could never get him on a cruise in the summer even if it is an adult escape cruise! You got a great price and I'm sure you will have a wonderful time!

Horizon's First Balcony 3/04

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=125594606

Donna

Cruise Total: 8 Dawn Princess 12/8/01, Dawn Princess 8/19/02, Celebrity Century - 1/04/03, Carnival Fascination 5/2/03 Celebrity Horizon 3/1/04

donna,

Yeah, I usually don't cruise in the summer either mainly because I can enjoy my own pool then, but this was just too good and without the kids you normally get this time of year I just couldn't pass it up. Earl and I both looked at that cruise when they made the price mistake on the 'Voyages' newsletter. Then we found out the real price and decided just to keep the 14 night Zenith we already had booked.

I really like Beth's idea of trying to do a JaxPax reunion cruise. Maybe at least some of us can get together and do it. Keep in touch!

Seashells, I would call a TA because when I checked the Celebrity website and clicked on "cabin choices" the only thing that showed up were "SUITES".

I usually click on "inside stateroom". But nothing showed up. I don't know if the ship is totally sold out or not.

Are you wanting to sail June 5th? You will have Garry&Bob and Gail on that one...great cruisemates icon_biggrin.gif

Lois, I got an email about 8pm from 'the yelling ta' saying last call for this cruise so there was still availability then. Makes me think Cruises Only has cabins blocked off and they must have paid for them to have them this late. They were offering inside and obstructed oceanview.

Donna, thanks for mentioning vouchers. I remembered I had one from Delta. I thought it was for $100 but when I got it out it was for $150! That means my flight to Ft Laud is going to only be about $60! Thanks for jogging my memory!

Tuggers & Lois - Thanks for the information on yourowncruise. I think I will pass on subscribing. Tuggers - You mentioned a Happy Hour deal, what is that? Is it something open to anyone? I've never heard of it, but if it's a good deal I can have my TA watch out for it. Although I usually plan things way out in advance I can usually go on short notice as well. Especially if I am the only one going!

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess - 3/05

Valor - 10/05

valorvampires.gif

teedee,

Almost every Tuesday and some Thursdays RCL and X have Happy Hour specials. You can find them on the day before on cruise411 under hot deals but you can not buy them until the day of the sale. They go on sale at 9am but lots of times Captains Club doesn't have them at 9, sometimes regular reservations doesn't have them at 9. Takes some persaverance. Cruise411 says they will take your order on the day before and call you back the day of sale. The thing I like is single supplement is usually 150%!

seashells4u,

I looked this morning at icruise.com.

They have cabins, but I don't know if the price is what you would consider good. I also didn't see anything about single supplement.

Cat 3 is 1,081; Cat 4 is 1,062 and Cat 9 is 927. If you're feeling especially foolish, you can get a Cat 8 or better gaurantee for 2,156 or a Cat 12 or better for ONLY 1,868.

I guess the good news is that there are cabins out there.

Good luck. My wife and I are on that cruise and, based on the roll call, it is shaping up to be a great trip! Thanks for the kind words, Lois. Coming from a legend like you, that is high praise, indeed!

Bob (and Garry)

Lois,

Thanks for the info on the Mercury. We may try to book that one when we cruise in Nov. if there are still cabins......We love the Caribbean, but are looking for some different ports. I have never flown to the west coast before, because of the fact living in Jax. there are so many ports to choose from that we can drive too.......... What is your next cruise. You sahould join the Jax Pax if we plan a reunion cruise.............

Barb

Cute_dolphin.gif

God Bless the USA and those who are fighting for freedom!

Soverign of the Seas 10/00

Monarch of the Seas 10/01

Celebrity/Century 10/02

Celebrity/Century 11/03

Celebrity/Zenith 4/04

Navigator of the Seas 11/04

Hiicon_smile.gif my next cruise is listed below...Horizon...Bermuda out of Norfolk on Sept 18th icon_biggrin.gif. Cannot wait!!!

I can't do the longer cruises....for me to take 2 weeks off in row from work would be nuts icon_eek.gif

but thanks for the offericon_smile.gif.

I loved going to San Francisco...one of my most favorite cities anywhereicon_smile.gif.

I have nothing booked for 2005....yet....still figuring out what to do icon_wink.gif

Archived