My first suite! What are the perks.

RW20

I have an OS booked on the Sunshine for January. I am trying to fi d the list of perks but it is not clear and I have found conflicting information. I know there is priority embarkation but do I also get priority debark too? My cruise has no tenders so that is not even a concern.

I have an OS booked on the Sunshine for January. I am trying to fi d the list of perks but it is not clear and I have found conflicting information. I know there is priority embarkation but do I also get priority debark too? My cruise has no tenders so that is not even a concern.

The only perk received by booking a suite is priority embarkation. That's it.

From the Carnival website:

Exclusive Amenities

• VIP check-in
  • Priority embarkation and debarkation
  • Mini Bar or Refrigerator
  • Deluxe bathroom featuring whirlpool tub*

This is why I would never book a suite as we already get VIP check-in and priority embarkation and debarkation. Those two perks mean more than the other things offered. But each to their own.

We sail NCL in Haven. That is what suite perks are all about. We dont sail RCCL in suites since I dont see too much advantage to them.

I currently have Haven NCL Breakaway booked for summer 2016 but will look at Vista Havana or whatever it is called and compare pricing. Having your own designated area as part of suites is a very nice perk. Priority boarding is not what I would pay extra for or even a bigger cabin but the extra designated areas, restaurants etc are a big bonus.

Edited by js

We mainly got the room because at the back of the sunshine it is basically and two room suite. There's an oceanview livingroom where the boys will sleep and a balcony bedroom. Given our boys will be 8 and 10 we wanted the extra space. Otherwise we would have just booked two rooms.

I think if you can afford a location and especially a family enjoy a set up like that....it is wonderful and bathrooms are usually larger and nicer..perks within themselves..these bigger rooms are often more money with more perks on other lines...

Many families enjoy larger rooms or suites with larger balconies aft and give reviews here......enjoy!!!

Edited by sjn911

We mainly got the room because at the back of the sunshine it is basically and two room suite. There's an oceanview livingroom where the boys will sleep and a balcony bedroom. Given our boys will be 8 and 10 we wanted the extra space. Otherwise we would have just booked two rooms.

Please don't feel like you have to defend your decision. Some people on here are just very rude and sarcastic for no reason. You have a great room, and I am sure you will have a wonderful cruise. Have fun!

RW

you will love the suites in the back of the Sunshine. We had one last year and absolutely loved the two rooms.

Balcony is a little smaller than most suites but the interior space more than makes up for it.

I posted a video on you tube if you would like to see it.

Bon Voyage

djp

The only perk received by booking a suite is priority embarkation. That's it.

That's true. You're paying for what's in the suite. Only extra is the priority embarkation. In the Grand Suite on Fantasy we got nothing extra other than priority embarkation. Only booked it to get a balcony cabin in a location we wanted. :rolleyes:

LuLu

Only extra is the priority embarkation. Myself I have had suites 4 times on Carnival and love the rooms, but looking forward to NCL were the perks are.

Edited by Perini3