How are you getting to the port?

motleyfan

Here in NY, on Long Island we use Groundlink to get to the NYC pier. They may be a little more expensive than other car services, but we have only had very good experiences with them. They come recommended by NCL through the link on NCL's page and they have an app that lets you follow your car, order a car, pay, etc.

Super Shuttle

I was looking at the Super Shuttle from EWR/New Jersey into Manhattan NY. Larry, was the service convenient to use? I am not familiar with NY and want easy transportation into NY to our hotel. Looking for a good Marriott Hotel near the port. Any suggestions from those of you familiar with the city?

Edited by gwsster

I was looking at the Super Shuttle from EWR/New Jersey into Manhattan NY. Larry, was the service convenient to use? I am not familiar with NY and want easy transportation into NY to our hotel. Looking for a good Marriott Hotel near the port. Any suggestions from those of you familiar with the city?

All my Super Shuttle experience has been in Miami. All the times o have used it HERE it has worked well.

Do they allow uber cars to go right up to the port?

Only problem unusually have is the airports, but some are starting to do that in some cities.

We use our car at our home port or a shuttle from the hotel we stay at in Florida. The rest depends on where we are. Europe we took the port bus and walked in Barcelona. Rome we took the train. New Orleans a taxi-the cheapest and easiest way possible.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

For Galveston or Bayport we can fly non-stop to Houston Hobby.

For other ports we have a connecting flight -- at Dallas for FL ports or NO, at Phoenix for CA ports. We've never cruised from NY or Boston so not sure of connecting city, possiblly Chicago.

Those of you who can drive or take a non-stop flight are fortunate.

From the airport we take taxi to hotel and next day take taxi to port.

Edited by NMLady

I live in Philly and I usually fly down on my private jet and have one of my chauffeurs drive me from the airport.:rolleyes:

Bill

Best port for that is San Juan, landing on the smaller Isla Grande airstrip next to the Pan American Pier (RCCL & X), great view.

Be sure to have your PA having the chauffeur and car ready because you will need to drive around the airport to get to the pier, mind you there are no VIP facilities or lounges at Isla Grande.

My fiancé and I are driving in from Quebec to NYC the day before our cruise (originally we were going to leave in the wee hours of the night to drive the 6.5 hours to the port but we decided to go the day before so we're not stressed). We're going to leave the hotel early and park at the pier.

The hotel we're staying at is not super close to the pier, the hotels there are so pricey! We're staying at the Pod 51 in a bunk bed room! :D

http://www.thepodhotel.com/