Sea Princess .. World Cruise 2015

ok... garrys lunch made ... tick

peanut butter on toast made ... tick

hot coffee made .... tick....

now ready to sit and watch her go through... though I might need to put some shoes on as my feet are cold!!

so glad that it is nice weather ..... going through the miraflores is so exciting... the visitors centre is full of people out on the observation decks... cars are parked along side of the road... people waving....

those on board would be so excited at the moment...

I think at the next stop is where they disembark for machu.... from the blogs there are 280 from the ship going and I think the cruise critic roll call has 2 groups doing it privately .... ahhh only 2 years to go for us...

Here she comes. Lining up for the lock nearest the cam. Should go straight through with no hold ups or waiting . It always amazes me how they have the timing worked out spot on..

110yrt3.jpg

1tlmyx.jpg

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

David after doing the river cruise last year and going through over 60 small locks you still can't help but be excited by them... one of the most memorable one was the 80ft lock... you went in and the walls seem to go for ever..... then you go up and up and up .... :eek:

A close up of getting ready to drop the rope so they can be towed through the lock...

2ebu0s2.jpg

The expansion cam seemed to be focused on the ship and is giving a selection of close ups.

335ebuh.jpg

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

on the bridge cam you can just see panama city in the distance up over the hill...

If you keep watching once they are through they will also pass under the Bridge of the Americas, which looks like a replica of the Auckland Harbour Bridge.:D

I like this shot ... you can see the movement in the water as it gets ready to let her through ... also panama city in the background.... is it the Bridge of the Americas that they will be approaching soon....

Re the movement of the water through the locks .... that also drives generators that provide the electricity that powers the whole system.:)

a4tvh1.jpg

Manta , Ecuador today. As Paketau has said , those taking tours to Machu Pichu will leave the ship today and rejoin in a few days at Lima,or Pisco...

Thu 06/08/15 Manta / Ecuador 06:00 19:00

Fri 07/08/15 At Sea

Sat 08/08/15 At Sea

Sun 09/08/15 Callao (Lima) / Peru 07:00

Mon 10/08/15 Callao (Lima) / Peru 16:00

Tue 11/08/15 Pisco / Peru 07:00 17:00