BV Liquor from TX

edbro

I want to buy a bottle of rum from the Bon Voyage shops for my trip out of Galveston. Carnival says it can't deliver it to the room until the second day due to TX laws. Does anybody know when during the day it will come? If it doesn't come until the afternoon then I probably won't purchase.

Or, can I purchase the same bottle from the onboard shop? Are they the same prices?

I did this on a 5 day cruise out of Alabama...same laws...and it wasn't delivered until the second evening. Wouldn't do it again. Just depends on you. I am sure that delivery time varies.

Any alcohol you purchase at the shops will not be given to you until the last night of the cruise so that wouldn't work if you wanted to drink it on the ship.

Just wait until the morning of the second day, call room service and place the order. Ask them how soon they can get it to you. The last time I ordered a bottle through room service, I had it within 20 minutes...:D:D

I did this on a 5 day cruise out of Alabama...same laws...and it wasn't delivered until the second evening. Wouldn't do it again. Just depends on you. I am sure that delivery time varies.

Any alcohol you purchase at the shops will not be given to you until the last night of the cruise so that wouldn't work if you wanted to drink it on the ship.

It is true that booze purchased from the discount shops are held for the last evening but bottles booze purchased from room service is delivered ready to drink and is the same price as online purchases.

Have fun!

It is true that booze purchased from the discount shops are held for the last evening but bottles booze purchased from room service is delivered ready to drink and is the same price as online purchases.

Have fun!

Yes, but do all ships allow to be purchase through room service? Last time we were on the Conquest we were told we could not order liquor through room service. I tried.