FTTF conspiracy theory?

all those overheated by the FTTF debate will be given a free bottle of water in the waiting area.

Speak for yourself. We had a lively discussion about it while waiting to board the Breeze. We ended up making some good friends due to it.

I was wondering about this FTTF buzz when planning our first Carnival cruise that we went on this past April. I figured I would see how it went before deciding if FTTF was worth the extra $$ for our next cruise based on our experience with the first. My conclusion - - we would not pay the extra money for FTTF. Here is what our experience was - my comments are in red.

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE:

Here's what it includes:

(Note: VIFP Club Diamond & Platinum members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in (We checked in around 11am and boarded the ship the same time as the first groups, which I assume includes these FTTF folks. Security lines moved quickly and by the time we were through they hadn't even started the boarding process yet. We were on the ship, had a table to eat lunch at on the Lido deck along with all the FTTF people anyway.)

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes for initial embarkation at onset of cruise.

Guaranteed Stateroom (We boarded the ship, headed straight to the Lido deck for a hamburger, enjoyed a couple alcoholic beverages and by the time we were finished the rooms were ready. I would not pay the $ just to be able to drop my carry ons off in the cabin.)

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage (Any items I needed on the beginning of day 1 were in my carry on bag. Didn't matter to me what time our bags arrived, as long as they arrived! If I recall, all our bags were delivered prior to going to dinner that evening.)

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services (Had to go to guest services a couple times. At its longest, there were 2 people in front of us. No big deal.)

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations (We used Your Time Dining and loved it. Didn't wait for a table our entire cruise.)

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).

Priority Tender Boarding (We tendered at one port. Got our number in the morning and had no issues getting off the ship at a reasonable time.)

We hope you take advantage of Carnival's Excursions. If you choose to explore the destination on your own, you will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore.

Debarkation (We use self-debarkation so we were some of the first off the ship anyways.)

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late debarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

We had FTTF on our Victory cruise this past January. We were checked in faster, but had to wait for boarding like everyone else. There were 7 of us in 3 cabins. When we boarded, only one of the cabins was ready so we had to put our stuff in that one. I don't know if we'll do FTTF again. It was approx $150 total for the 3 cabins. Not sure it was necessary for us on hindsight.