Do you need water shoes on GSC?

inna61

HI :) I have read that the sand is very "rocky" on GSC. I plan on picking up a pair of water shoes for our stop there in November. I think I remember reading more on the cabanas on the Ports of Call forum. Try that one and see. I would try and link it, but I am not the handiest at things like that :roll eyes: hahaha!

Hi,

We have booked a small cabana on GSC. Is the ocean floor rocky in that area? Do we need our water shoes?

Thank you in advance

We were just at GSC a little over a week ago, and rented a small cabana. The sea floor in that area was not rocky, but getting down to the water was rocky and not very comfortable going barefoot. I wore my flip flops down to the water, and left them there while I was in the water. I'd brought water shoes, but never felt the need to wear them.

Have a great time!

We've been to GSC 3 times before and never had water shoes. The sand is not very rocky, but once you are in it does get a bit rocky. For me that isn't the issue. I get skeeved by the slimy feeling of the algae or seaweedy feeling on the rocks. :p

Walking on the pathway from the cabana area to the Lagoon BBQ was painful without shoes. Not my smartest moment to leave the shoes behind.

I was just at Walmart and saw that they had water shoes for $4.95 a pair. I bought 3 pair, one for each of us.

We are going to GSC again in November and I think I will be happier with them. We also have a small cabana and had one last time. Best. Time. Ever.

We've been to GSC 3 times before and never had water shoes. The sand is not very rocky, but once you are in it does get a bit rocky. For me that isn't the issue. I get skeeved by the slimy feeling of the algae or seaweedy feeling on the rocks. :p

Walking on the pathway from the cabana area to the Lagoon BBQ was painful without shoes. Not my smartest moment to leave the shoes behind.

I was just at Walmart and saw that they had water shoes for $4.95 a pair. I bought 3 pair, one for each of us.

We are going to GSC again in November and I think I will be happier with them. We also have a small cabana and had one last time. Best. Time. Ever.

I can't wait for our cabana! Total relaxation, with good food and plenty of drink!

Yes, you definitely want to have someting on your feet for walking anywhere, including inside the bathrooms! :)

We now wear water shoes on any beach or around any pool. Even the loveliest, purest sand can have glass or needles in it, not to mention animal droppings, critters, etc. Around swimming pools they protect you from plantars warts, athletes' foot, and glass.

As others have said, they are great for walking over hot pavement or sand, sharp stones, yucky washroom floors.

Never again will I get a leach stuck between my toes.:eek: Or a bluebottle tentacle wrapped around my foot.