Bus Ticket book-where to purchase?

3412mom

Ok, If I am understanding correctly, the booklet of 15 buss/ferry tickets are not usually for sale at the Dockyard/Kings Wharf/cruise ship area.

So my question is......where exactly can these be purchased? Is there only one place or several? (I have read you can purchase them in Hamilton, but I am not certain where in Hamilton)

Sorry if this is a stupid question and/or has been answered many times, and I missed it. I am a first time visitor to Bermuda and trying to figure all of this out so that I am able to get us where we want to go.

Thanks in advance for any information provided.

Good morning, Island Majesty, nice to see a Bermudian on here.:) There have been some others but MIA except for Jolly Jones.:( Many times there are questions that only a native can answer.

It's just unfortunate that the booklet of tickets is not sold anywhere at Dockyard. It makes it difficult since people have to go to Hamilton to purchase them.

I'm inclined to believe that the government really doesn't want to sell the ticket books to cruise passengers because they reduce the cost of transportation so much while at the same time it's the cruise passengers that put a great strain on transportation services. They'd prefer that ticket books be so hard to get that mostly residents will buy them.

Thanks to all of you for your answers to my question. I really appreciate your help.

I'm inclined to believe that the government really doesn't want to sell the ticket books to cruise passengers because they reduce the cost of transportation so much while at the same time it's the cruise passengers that put a great strain on transportation services. They'd prefer that ticket books be so hard to get that mostly residents will buy them.

I am inclined to agree with you, and really (even though I will be one of those tourists/cruise ship passengers) can not really blame the government for wanting to make more revenue from those of us that are visiting. I am sure that the thousands of people descending on your island, while likely boosting the economy, also put a huge burden on the transportation system that many residents rely on.

In our case, it will likely work. Not sure if we will be heading into Hamilton to purchase the ticket books. But it is good information to have if we decide it is worth our time to seek them out. As we have not yet completely decided what we will do during our roughly 63 hours in Bermuda, I am not sure if it will be worth the effort. I am completely dreading the crowds, and am considering not even going to Horseshoe Bay because of the reported crowds. :eek: Maybe we will get up early one day and try to head out that way before the crowds get too bad......but with a teen and pre-teen, that may not happen!

Again, thanks for the information and insight! CCers rock!:)

There's usually plenty of room at Horseshoe Bay or one of the adjacent beaches. The crowds tend to congregate in a relatively small area. My wife, who's the beach goer in the family likes to go in the afternoon. Lots of people rush to go there in the morning, but the crowds tend to thin out not long after lunch.

• 1 month later...

We will be going into Hamilton on Wedensday evening for Harbour nights. Will the ferry terminal still be selling the booklets at that time of day ? I know the stores close early (5pm from what I've read) so if the kiosk that sells the booklets is also closed, I may need to rethink my plan :)

Can you purchase the book of 15 tickets at St. Georges? If so,where? We would buy a token at the Dockyard to get to St. Georges.

Reports are that you can buy the ticket books at the St. George Ferry Terminal or any Post Office.

• 3 weeks later...

how do the tickets work? is it just one ticket per person from one stop to wherever you're headed, or do you need multiple tickets if you are going a longer ways? and does it work much like the 3 day transportation pass where you can use it both on bus and also ferry?

how do the tickets work? is it just one ticket per person from one stop to wherever you're headed, or do you need multiple tickets if you are going a longer ways? and does it work much like the 3 day transportation pass where you can use it both on bus and also ferry?

One ticket per person per ride. Good on both buses and ferries.

I'm reading conflicting information about whether or not one can purchase the ticket books at the St George Ferry Terminal. That would be where I would like to get them I think, but some say yes and some say no.

If not available at the ferry terminal you should be able to buy them at the Visitor's Information Center, which is a short walk from the ferry. (I can't guarantee that...I haven't been to Bermuda yet this year and won't be until October.)