Minors leaving the ship

Does anyone know if the ship restricts minors from leaving the ship without a parent or guardian? We'll be in Bermuda for three days -- could an older teen just walk off during the night?

A minor cannot leave without a parent or guardian.

Oops, my 15 and 17 year olds left the ship in Nassau with a bunch of kids.

In terms of enforcement, the security staff will usually let minors disembark if there's an adult nearby. Sometimes they wrongly assume that the adults are the minor's parents.

In terms of enforcement, the security staff will usually let minors disembark if there's an adult nearby. Sometimes they wrongly assume that the adults are the minor's parents.

I guess an adult could also walk them off, and then walk back on.

On all of our cruises our son's id was checked and he was asked who he was with. His dad or I would have to verify that he was with us. We were not required to be present for his return to the ship.

* I have noticed they are more diligent in checking ID's and ages when the masses are exiting the ship when first docking. They seem to be lax when it is not so crowded so it could be possible for a teen to look like they belong with others that are disembarking and make there way off the ship with an unsuspecting family or group. I have seen it happen.

They do offer some teen only excursions through some of the ships. For those the teens leave with a ship guide.

Seeing as how a minor can not cruise without an adult, it should make it impossible for them to get off the ship as their id would be tied to the adult(s).

You can bring them to the gangway and allow them to leave the ship by leaving with them and then immediately get back on. We did this for our almost 18 year old daughter in Philipsurg. As she and her older cousins were going to the beach to watch the planes land....at sunset grill. We had to be the ones who let her off the ship even though her cousins were adults! This was on RCCL....by I'm sure this is an industry standard.

Does anyone know if the ship restricts minors from leaving the ship without a parent or guardian? We'll be in Bermuda for three days -- could an older teen just walk off during the night?

Are you worried that your minor(s) may leave the ship without your knowledge?

Harriet

What?! Who daid anything about roaming at night? I see nothing wrong with older teens walking off the ship if their parents don't wish to. If we were at a hotel, I would certainly let my older teens go to the beach. Bermuda is a very civilized and safe island. I let them drive 1+ hours to the beach at home for the day! or go into NYC. My God, they are practically adults (or in the case of dd18, a legal adult who does who knows what while away at college).

Honestly, I don't know how some of these kids manage once they are cut from moms apron strings. A few decades ago, 18 year olds were getting married and starting families. Now, they can't be more than a few yards away from mommy.

OP said walk off on their own AT NIGHT. I believe they are asking to verify that they won't be able to do so.

Harriet

You're arguing over something else. The OP was concerned that her MINOR children might be able to leave the ship without supervision AT NIGHT.

If I had minor children *I* wouldn't want them out and about on their own at night either! The thought of being somewhere on the ship and my minor children getting off the ship at midnight to roam the island would NOT sit well with me. I can and do understand the OP's question and concern.

Let's keep on topic here...

Topic: Minor children disembarking on their own AT NIGHT.

Harriet

I missed the "at night" part in the OP. I wouldn't let my teens leave a ship at night, but I also wouldn't be concerned that they would sneak, like the OP seems to be implying. However, some posters seem to indicate that minors can leave the ship, and I was pointing out a way for minors to leave the ship, during the day. The PP I was responding to believes that older teens should not be allowed in Bermuda without parents, because it's a foreign country.