A few pictures from our recent Enchantment cruise's stop and Cocoa Cay

So glad we had great weather (2 weekends ago) mid 80's and breezy. Some of the pictures look a little dark, but believe me, it was super bright. The water was warm and great for swimming.

Some pictures of the island and the beach

island1_zpswvfgnuvj.jpg

island5_zpsf19ozx2h.jpg

island6_zpsaj4dxm0d.jpg

island7_zpsrjbn8li6.jpg

island4_zpsrul5row7.jpg

th_island15trail_zps495z9mlw.jpg

Edited by splash_in_the_water

Some of the interior. Such beautiful palm trees! (wife's feet in the hammock lol)

island2_zpsprjgldpc.jpg

island10_zpsgoqnxdqg.jpg

and a little bit of the aquatic life. Great Snorkeling. Not very reefy, at least on this part of the beach, but there was plenty to look at for awhile

island%2012fish_zps84dyuyv1.jpg

ray1_zps5hfsgsbi.jpg

evdyt1.jpg

shaaaaaark!

island12shark_zpspopwak4c.jpg

Edited by splash_in_the_water

Thank you! Loved the pictures!

Quick Question: Is the all-day snorkel pass worth it? I heard that all you see are aquatic life and whatnot, there are no reefs. Except for a sunken ship part. Is it a good thing to invest time in, or should I just hang at the beach all day? Also, if I bring my own snorkel equipment, don't they make me rent a vest? How much are the vests?

Thanks so much! :D

Thank you! Loved the pictures!

Quick Question: Is the all-day snorkel pass worth it? I heard that all you see are aquatic life and whatnot, there are no reefs. Except for a sunken ship part. Is it a good thing to invest time in, or should I just hang at the beach all day? Also, if I bring my own snorkel equipment, don't they make me rent a vest? How much are the vests?

Thanks so much! :D

The vests are $6. There is a reef to the left, towards were the ship is anchored. We enjoy the snorkeling there.

The vests are $6. There is a reef to the left, towards were the ship is anchored. We enjoy the snorkeling there.

Thank you! I'll totally bring my own mask and snorkel, and just buy a vest. Do you know if you pay in cash or your sail and sign card?

What else is there worth doing on the island?

Thanks!!!

Thank you! I'll totally bring my own mask and snorkel, and just buy a vest. Do you know if you pay in cash or your sail and sign card?

What else is there worth doing on the island?

Thanks!!!

You use your SetSail pass to rent the vests.

There are some vendors on the island, selling various clothing and souvenir items. You will need cash for the vendors.

Darn, we weren't sure where the reef area was....is there beach over there? Concerning vests, if you can swim well you don't really need one for snorkeling- it's surprisingly easy to float. I like to dive too, so that may make that difficult.

Also, we brought our own gear...we usually do...

Which beach on Coco cay did you snorkel on?

ALso, do they make you wear a vest? We are good swimmers but will wear one if we have to. We are bringing our own mask and snorkel.

What kind of camera do you have that takes great underwater pics like that?

A great water slide and a children's water park. A very nice lunch is served. A stroll around the island (if it is not wicked hot) is fun. Lots of iguanas. Four bars if you get thirsty.

Other fun is here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/3NightsBahamasCruise-EN03S050/excursions?currencyCode=USD&sAccessibility=false&sailDate=12%2f28%2f2015&singleSailingMode=false

Which beach on Coco cay did you snorkel on?

ALso, do they make you wear a vest? We are good swimmers but will wear one if we have to. We are bringing our own mask and snorkel.

What kind of camera do you have that takes great underwater pics like that?

just off barefoot beach pretty much, right out by the where the kayaks take off, and next to the water play area...

nobody ever said anything about a vest as far as I know...

The camera, is an Olympus stylus "tough" tg-630. It's a pretty basic P&S, but it turns on instantly and you can snap a pick within a second...It's awesome. Obviously it's waterproof....It starts fast, focuses fast , and takes pretty good pics *most* of the time. probably the best point and shoot we've had...

Wow! Love your pictures. How close to shore was that shark?

40 feet maybe? not sure....it wasn't super deep there, maybe 8 or 10 feet. Sort of where it really started getting deeper.

Love to see some more from the rest of your cruise and the ship

Thanks....there's a few more pics over in my other thread...I started a review and got lazy and didn't really finish it....We didn't really get many pics of Nassau, you because of nassau...we just walked around town a little and did a little shopping....

I have some others from the ship I can post at some point here too...