Oasis, 2 Thumbs Up

We just got off the Oasis Saturday 5/16 and I wanted to share that we were very pleased with our experience. I am kinda picky and with all of the negative reviews posted lately, I was a bit nervous.

The only negative part was embarkment. We got to the port around 11:20 and made it through the boarding process very quickly...so we thought. There was a full Coast Guard inspection so nobody could board and we had to sit in the holding area. Then the cameras for the seapass cards were down so we waited longer. We finally got on the ship about 2:30. After that, things were great.

With the exception of a few bartenders on the Boardwalk, staff were extremely friendly. We rarely waited more than a few minutes for drinks. The main pool bars were busy on sea days but we went up to the higher deck the next sea day and never had to wait.

For meals, we mostly ate breakfast at Wipeout Cafe. No lines and had a nice selection, including omelets. We ate dinner in the main dining room all but one night. Excellent service, food was good and we liked that the portions weren't so huge that we didn't need to roll out of there like you do with the buffets. We ate at Chops one night. The whole experience was excellent. Well worth it. We also ate at Sabor for snacks. Cheap prices. Homemade guacamole at your table for $4...cheaper than in the states.

The ship was very clean and well maintained. It's impressive that so many people can be on the ship and it can be so clean.

Lastly, we chose to use the luggage valet for disembarkment. It was so worth the $20/person for this. Our boarding passes & airport baggage tags were put in our room the night before. We set our luggage out in the hall and didn't have to deal with it again until we arrived in our home city. Nothing to take to the airport. The whole disembarkment process from ship to taxi took us about 35 minutes.

Anyway, if you're cruising soon, have a great time!!!!! Just wanted to share that our experience was great.

Thanks for the positive review and information.

We sail Oasis this coming October as part of a chartered / small interest group. Haven't been on her in five years and am looking forward to seeing and experiencing the changes.

Do we know when DD will be rolled out on this ship? And does it have Wonderland? We loved that restaurant on Quantum.

We just got off the Oasis Saturday 5/16 and I wanted to share that we were very pleased with our experience. I am kinda picky and with all of the negative reviews posted lately, I was a bit nervous.

The only negative part was embarkment. We got to the port around 11:20 and made it through the boarding process very quickly...so we thought. There was a full Coast Guard inspection so nobody could board and we had to sit in the holding area. Then the cameras for the seapass cards were down so we waited longer. We finally got on the ship about 2:30. After that, things were great.

Anyway, if you're cruising soon, have a great time!!!!! Just wanted to share that our experience was great.

Thanks for posting this! We were on the Allure in 2013 and it was fantastic, and have two upcoming cruises on Oasis.

I have read the negative reviews as well, but I'm glad you enjoyed the cruise, especially after the issues with boarding. As you can tell by some of the reviews, there are some people who would have let that one event define and ruin their trip.

Yes, we saw Cats. We actually stayed the whole 3 hours. It was interesting but quite a deep production.

As far as other onboard activities, we saw all of the shows. They were all very good. We didn't do much during the day because we chose to lay by the pool & relax. In the evening, we did go to several lounges & listen to live bands. One thing we did try to attend was 80's Night at Dazzle. By the time we got out of our show & arrived, it was so packed you could barely get in past the front door so we left. Could've used a bigger venue. Look like lots of fun.

I do not know if Allure being in Dry dock impacted our capacity. Staff said with the exception of a few suites, it was a full ship.

Thank you for the review. We have our first Oasis cruise in September. We've pre-booked all of the shows, but some of them begin at 8:30p. Based on your experience, how early should we get to the theater? Is 20 minutes enough or should it be closer to 30?

Also, are all shows reservation-based? In other words, are there any shows not listed in the Entertainment reservation system? I ask because I've read some reviews where people mention a family-friendly comedy show (not in the comedy club, but in the main theater), but I don't see anything like that in the online reservations.

Thanks!

...Also, are all shows reservation-based? In other words, are there any shows not listed in the Entertainment reservation system? I ask because I've read some reviews where people mention a family-friendly comedy show (not in the comedy club, but in the main theater), but I don't see anything like that in the online reservations.

Thanks!

There are some shows that are first come, first served. I believe there is an Aquatheater show and a Comedy show that will show up in the Cruise Compass (daily schedule).

We were on that same cruise and pretty much had the same experience you did. We did not experience long lines as we read about prior to the cruise. We booked all shows in advance. We arrived about 30-45 minutes early and got great seats. They did fill up though and those arriving late had trouble finding seats. We ate at the MDR every night and thought it was good. Almost the same as we had last May on the Freedom. We did hear the Captain say the passenger count was just under 6,000, so I don't think it was sold out.

Our only complaints were 1) the late boarding due to the Coast Guard inspection, 2) we could not hear announcements in our room, and 3) the smell of smoke at the entrance to th Grande dining room will knock you down. Our room attendant could not have been any better as well as MDR servers. We went down to disembark at 6am and was on the road driving home at 7:05. We would do the Oasis again in a heartbeat.

My bf and i cruised oasis last year. He traveled with me on three other crusises and i have taken over 25 cruises with various lines (rc being my best line). His remark as we left oasis was this was the best cruise ever!! Next year it will be allure's turn.

Also, are all shows reservation-based? In other words, are there any shows not listed in the Entertainment reservation system? I ask because I've read some reviews where people mention a family-friendly comedy show (not in the comedy club, but in the main theater), but I don't see anything like that in the online reservations.

Thanks!

-There is a second Aquatheatre show which is considered the family show. It's honestly just as good as the regular one. It's a must see if you like diving.

-There is a second Comedy show. It is supposed to be a family friendly one. It was on the final night of my cruise (I was on April 25th). This one was actually more funny than the smaller venue but I imagine that is totally dependent on the comedians they have.

- The love and Marriage came which was on Monday night at around 10:30 or 11:30. It's one of my favorite parts of cruising.

- The belly flop and sexiest man competitions. These are on the sea days in the afternoon.

We were on that same cruise and pretty much had the same experience you did. We did not experience long lines as we read about prior to the cruise. We booked all shows in advance. We arrived about 30-45 minutes early and got great seats. They did fill up though and those arriving late had trouble finding seats. We ate at the MDR every night and thought it was good. Almost the same as we had last May on the Freedom. We did hear the Captain say the passenger count was just under 6,000, so I don't think it was sold out.

Our only complaints were 1) the late boarding due to the Coast Guard inspection, 2) we could not hear announcements in our room, and 3) the smell of smoke at the entrance to th Grande dining room will knock you down. Our room attendant could not have been any better as well as MDR servers. We went down to disembark at 6am and was on the road driving home at 7:05. We would do the Oasis again in a heartbeat.

We were also on this cruise - and loved it. When we arrived @ the terminal around 12:30 - nothing was moving. Finally when we got up to the counter we were told the hold up was do to a total loss of computer connection to the ship.

When ask how many passengers - the agent told me ~ 6300... also during one of the captain's talk - he also said about the same number.

My only complaint is with the Park Café - I always enjoyed the roast beef sandwich - not this time. The staff were very rude and uncaring and they changed the cut of meat and I believe how it is prepared...

My only complaint is with the Park Café - I always enjoyed the roast beef sandwich - not this time. The staff were very rude and uncaring and they changed the cut of meat and I believe how it is prepared...
This past February, I made my first trip to the Park Cafe, and my first of their "famous" roast beef sandwiches. The beef was served on a hard roll that made it impossible to eat as a sandwich. I sliced off some of the roast beef, but found it completely unappetizing. Although I have never had boiled or canned beef, that is what it tasted like to me. The Park Cafe was also the only place on the ship that I found rude, inattentive, and grumpy crew members. Not a smile in the place, and nobody to bus empty tables. We cleared one for ourselves in order to have a place to sit. The one good thing was a bowl of delicious cream of asparagus soup.