Dawn question: O'sheehan's/Blue Lagoon

I noticed that the Dawn does not have O'sheehan's like the Jewel does, which we really enjoyed eating at, but they have Blue Lagoon. Is this about the same as O'Sheehan's? Also, Moderno, is it worth the 20.00 per person charge to eat there? We sail on the Dawn in September for her Canada/New England cruise. O'sheehan's was great for breakfast and no fighting the buffet crowd. Do they open up other areas to sit at for breakfast since there is no outside seating on the back of the ship. We always had trouble finding a spot to sit at the Garden Café for breakfast but they opened up the restaurant next to it for extra seating. Thanks......

You are correct, there is currently no O'Sheehans on Dawn. Eventually, if all goes as currently planned, the Blue Lagoon and Moderno will be converted to O'Sheehans, and Moderno will be relocated to the space across from Cagneys (Star Bar).

Blue Lagoon has a slightly similar menu to O'Sheehans, but it's not quite the same. I think you can get breakfast there as well. Venetian has a sit down breakfast as well. As for seating for the Garden Cafe, when we have utilized the buffet for breakfast, we would sometimes go and find a nice table out on the pool deck in the shade for breakfast.

Moderno is well worth the cover charge especially if you arrive hungry. The salad bar is wonderful, and the never-ending parade of meats is good as well. If you have been to a Brazilian Churrascaria before, it will be familiar :)

Blue Lagoon - did breakfast there several times on our NE cruise. Set menu, limited options. But nice to be able to look out windows, and not have to deal with crowds,

Moderno - Not a specialty restaurant person, but tried Moderno. A definite YES. I liked Moderno.

My dad doesn't care about a million choices in the morning so he loves Blue Lagoon for breakfast. He absolutely hates crowds so the buffet is out of the question. He's been on the Dawn a total of 4 times and he's coming back with us this summer, so, I guess it wasn't horrible. We liked the Blue Lagoon for breakfast too when we were with them a few years ago. One morning I kept looking at girl trying to figure out how I knew her, it was Nancy Kerrigan. She and her mom and her kids were on the trip with us the week after school got out.

HI all!

I was on the Dawn in Nov. & really enjoyed Moderno's food but found it pretty cold temp wise.

Some mornings a mini buffet was set up outside Moderno across from Blue Lagoon. I really liked the tomato soup & strawberry pound cake for a light meal at Blue Lagoon.

~ Jo ~ :)